League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Jabari: A Top Priority

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
AC
General Manager

Jabari: A Top Priority

Post by AC »

It's never easy taking over as GM of a team near the end of a season, especially given the turmoil these 76ers have endured with previous GMs. What many had suspected to be AC's biggest goal has now become evident - resign the league's leading scorer, Jabari Parker, at all costs. The 76ers are clearly in the midst of a rebuild but cannot afford to lose a player of Jabari's caliber. The 8-year veteran is having another great season and was even an All-Star Game starter this season, but will have missed the playoffs for now the 6th of 8 seasons that he's been in the league. Will that cause for Parker to pursue a contender in Free Agency? Or will Jabari take the "supermax" that the 76ers will inevitably be prepared to offer? Either way, newly appointed General Manager AC is surely keeping Jabari as his top priority this off-season.
'22 - '23 Philadelphia 76ers
PG: Lonzo Ball / Ray McCallum
SG: Jabari Brown / E’Twaun Moore / Josh Richardson
SF: Jabari Parker / Kevin Hervey / Jerami Grant
PF: Adreian Payne / Moritz Wagner
C: Damian Jones / Daniel Miller

10th overall pick (2023 CSL Draft)

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Re: Jabari: A Top Priority

Post by Dennis »

Given we are using Player Agents, you should just try to win as many games as possible the rest of the season. With that you should be able to show them that Philly could be back in the postseason next year - that should make it easy for a PA, given you can offer the biggest contract anyway.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Actually on talent alone, this is a playoff team. It's just been horribly mismanaged for years.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Dennis is right, if you can show some signs of life the rest of the season the PA should be ready to take the big contract.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I think you throw a max at Parker and he stays, I really like the defensive potential of Ball/Moore, and Parker is a championship level starter. An upgrade at center and improved depth would do wonders for this team.
Ball is Life.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Yeah Jabari Parker is one of the most lethal scorers in the League, type of guy that could probably win a title or at least get you there just based on his scoring alone.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

A top pick would do wonders for Philly.

I mean. Ball / Parker / top-5 pick with the supporting cast would look really good. We saw how effective Lonzo was last year as a rookie and they didn't even have an active GM.
IDK if you can win enough games to make it MATTER to convince Jabari to stay. Winning 25 or 30 is almost the same when it comes to PFW as you're missing the playoffs by quite a lot. Losing on the other hand will provide better benefits either if Jabari stays with another great young player joining or if he leaves with Lonzo, a top pick and lots of cap room to build around.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I think he could still win as many as possible, show player agents he's doing well, and draft a player at 8th or 9th that's as good as #1 imo. If he now loses every game, it is a sign that Jabari won't be joining a winner when he comes back as Philly can't even win games with an active gm. Just my opinion though.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Dennis wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:00 pm I think he could still win as many as possible, show player agents he's doing well, and draft a player at 8th or 9th that's as good as #1 imo. If he now loses every game, it is a sign that Jabari won't be joining a winner when he comes back as Philly can't even win games with an active gm. Just my opinion though.
He's currently #7 worst record.
For him to get to #9 it would take AT LEAST 6 wins in 12 games. This considering none of the teams above him will win games as well.
Anybody who says Philly would benefit from winning clearly doesn't see this right here. They are much closer to a worst3 record than 9th worst. I understand that games won should help him secure Jabari but honestly he's not getting past any of the teams above him except for Utah maybe, as they don't have their pick and have a more talented roster.
I would definitely root for a better pick over 2-3 extra wins that clearly won't secure Jabari as 20+ other teams will have better records this year meaning they are more appealing destinations when it comes to PFW and that won't change. At least a top-5 pick would give them something a top-8 to top-10 won't.
And yes, while the draft lacks star power, there's still a clear difference between a top5 prospect and a top10 one.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I actually do believe difference between pick 1 and pick 8 is only marginal

CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Dennis wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:13 pm I actually do believe difference between pick 1 and pick 8 is only marginal
I just won't agree with you because I personally have a top-7 board. I have a clear #1, then 6 options who are really close enough to each other but out of those 6, 3 are much safer prospects and some are really risky ones. So IMO teams drafting at top-4 will have a much easier time than teams drafting 5-7 who'll also have a better time than 8+..