League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Mike D'Antoni to the North

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
blackice
Chairman of the Board

Mike D'Antoni to the North

Post by blackice »

In a stunning move the Chicago Bulls let go of one of the best coaches in the league due to a number of concerning injuries. While TOR GM Blackice didn't make any major moves at the trade deadline he immediately saw an opportunity to upgrade the coaching staff and proceeded to make a bid on the highly rating free agent coach. The Spurs also made a bid but D'Antoni decided to go with the Raptors offer and is positioned to lead this team into the playoffs.

Mike D'Antoni had this to say
Well we had a great team in Chicago and I thought I'd be paired with Bulls GM "Marcos" for the long run but I am thrilled to have another team with playoff aspirations and this team has the talent to make it deep in the postseason. I will have to find a way to maximize the teams offense which is my specialty and we have the defensive talent to be top 5 in the league on that end of the court when it's all said and done.

The Raptors are riding a 4 game winning streak and are positioned to make a run at the 4th seed.
Ball is Life.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Mike D'Antoni to the North

Post by emplep7 »

Coaches don't matter too much, but I do think they have some injury factor associated with them for a season so it'll be interesting what your injuries look like the rest of the year (maybe it gets reset once their status changes).

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I legitimately wanted D'Antoni and thought about putting in a bid but didn't want to risk nuking the chemistry we've had the last couple months, just in case a coach affects that. No real issues with Mark Jackson anyway so no point I guess.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Are coaches going to be impactful in the next DDS?
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Good question!

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Hope he doesn't injury all your good players.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:43 pm Hope he doesn't injury all your good players.
Yeah it's a bit of a gamble but I am hoping he can upgrade our offense and I hope coaches aren't directly linked to injuries but of course I'm not sure. His ratings for a coach are elite, we'll see if coaches have a direct effect on wins/losses.
Ball is Life.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

blackice wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:46 pm
Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:43 pm Hope he doesn't injury all your good players.
Yeah it's a bit of a gamble but I am hoping he can upgrade our offense and I hope coaches aren't directly linked to injuries but of course I'm not sure. His ratings for a coach are elite, we'll see if coaches have a direct effect on wins/losses.
I won more with Thibs than D'Antoni by a large margin. Of course, had a better team under Thibs' tenure but I really think it doesn't matter.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Pringles have been brought to Canada!