League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Buzz Report: Hornets Welcome Three New Players

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Buzz Report: Hornets Welcome Three New Players

Post by ozymandias »

Hornets Welcome Three New Players
Following shootaround at the Charlotte Hornets training facility this morning, three new members of the squad have been introduced to the media. Harrison Barnes and Ndoye Youssou have alredy cleared their medicals and are available for the game against Washington Wizards while Terran Petteway will feature the game after.
The three new players come to Charlotte as a result of their two recent trades, one in which they sent Enes Kanter to Los Angeles Clippers and another one in which Roy Hibbert was shipped to New York Knicks.
The centerpiece of the first trade was Barnes, who's expected to start for the Hornets and everyone in Charlotte are excited to see how he'll fit into the team. He was a starter for the Clippers ever since he got traded from Washington and is averaging 11 points, 1 assist, and 5.6 rebounds per game. Youssou, who was also a part of that LAC/WAS trade didn't receive much playing time in LA but should see his role increased in Charlotte. Petteway, as well, has been inactive for the Knicks recently but was putting some nice numbers at the beginning of the season. He's averaging 5.5 points, 1.8 assists, and 1.4 rebounds per game while shooting 44,3% from the field.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Re: Buzz Report: Hornets Welcome Three New Players

Post by Dylan »

A couple of really strong moves from you. I really like the work you've been doing with your team.

Barnes will be excellent for you. I really liked him too, but for relatively similar offensive output I felt I needed Kanter's rebounding more than anything. Youssou I didn't play all too much, but I've been drowned in solid, if unspectacular big men so I'm sure he'll be rock solid for you as well.

Great stuff man.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I like both Youssou and Barnes for you quite a bit. Both are pretty underrated players here.

Petteway didn't exactly have a great stint here, but I think he's a better player than that. I don't know his shooting ratings at all, but he has a weird amount of season to season variance in his percentages, so I've never been able to narrow down what he's actually supposed to be.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Dope photoshop skills there buddy!

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Dylan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:08 pm A couple of really strong moves from you. I really like the work you've been doing with your team.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I love when we have people who can photoshop in this league. Their articles always look the best.

Love the Kanter trade for you, I think it makes a lot of sense to grab a couple of guys who can fill solid roles and be part of a winning team. You're still not there but it has more to do with your core now, you have a good team around the edges IMO.