League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Clippers Trade Monroe, Dellavedova, Acquire Six

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Dylan
Senior Vice President

Clippers Trade Monroe, Dellavedova, Acquire Six

Post by Dylan »

Clippers Trade Monroe, Dellavedova, Acquire Six Players

The Los Angeles Clippers have acquired Harry Giles, Kyle O'Quinn, Iman Shumpert and Sterling Brown from the Chicago Bulls in exchange for Matthew Dellavedova. In addition, the Clippers also acquired Mike Conley, Harrison Barnes and Ndoye Youssou from the Washington Wizards in exchange for Greg Monroe. In a related move, the Clippers waived Shumpert and guard Sindarius Thornwell.

After a 3-9 start to the season, Clippers GM Dylan felt it was time to make some changes to the roster he inherited. "You know obviously the record isn't where we want it to be right now, but we like where our roster is at now and excited to bring in these new guys and insert them into our culture."

The three most notable acquisitions, big man Harry Giles, forward Harrison Barnes and guard Mike Conley, are all expected to play major minutes for the Clippers. It's even possible all three could see the starting lineup sooner rather than later. Giles, a 20-year-old in his second CSL season, was excited about the move.

"I'm thankful for my time in Chicago, but I'm excited to get here and really get a chance to play and show what I'm capable of. Here in more of a rebuilding situation, I'll get more of a chance to grow and become the player I know I can be."

The Clippers roster is now full with 15 players.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Clippers Trade Monroe, Dellavedova, Acquire Six

Post by emplep7 »

I love your return on Delly and think you got solid value back for Monroe at his age. Both moves should result in a brighter future and potentially more wins this year. Good job.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

emplep7 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:23 pm I love your return on Delly and think you got solid value back for Monroe at his age. Both moves should result in a brighter future and potentially more wins this year. Good job.
Thanks. I thought people would think the Monroe return was underwhelming, but honestly pure value wise I think it's a win. Plus I have plenty of time to use Barnes in another deal.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I actually thought it will be Monroe for Giles. Barnes can be huge for you.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Nice to see a new GM come in make a block and some trades along with articles. Keep up the good work and hopefully these guys provide a bright spot this season for you!
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Good moves made by the clippers

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Conley, Barnes, Youssou and especially Giles are good. I don't think any of them drastically alters your course but they're more movable assets than what you previously had for sure.