League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

We Ain’t no Jokic

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
blackice
Chairman of the Board

We Ain’t no Jokic

Post by blackice »

Once GM Blackice was informed that due to lux tax issues the Toronto Raptors would not have their MLE or LLE to play with it left the organization in a precarious situation. The GM shed close to 12M in salary and after signing Joseph to a healthy raise and bringing on Allen Crabbe the team sat just under the lux tax penalties. With no true starting center on the team and no assets the Gm was willing to part with (Kawhi/Bell) a miracle happened and Jokic signed for a 1 year minimum contract to start for the team. A collective sigh of relief was heard league wide and the final piece of the puzzle was in place.

Jokic has historically been an excellent scorer (71 SCR) with the ability to post up inside and spread the floor as well which is a unique quality from a big. Last season he put up:

15/6 on 46/41/89 on 1.6 3PA

He will see an increase in minutes and should provide some punch to the starting unit.

Ball is Life.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: We Ain’t no Jokic

Post by emplep7 »

Jokic is a very good bench big to provide scoring, but I think is one of the players in the league who is less effective as a starter going up against legit bigs. It will be interesting to see how he handles getting back into the starting role.

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Amazing signing.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Certainly a great signing. Also agree with Jon that he might be better suited and more productive in a backup role. Our intention was to sign him as our backup center to provide a scoring punch for our second unit, which is riddled with defense right now.
Clown.Show.League

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dds helped you out this year haha
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

What a great signing. My intention was to bring him back, because he played very well the last 1 1/2 seasons with us.
I have to agree with Jon though, as a starter he had his problems. 6th man was his perfect role with us.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

We'll see, I'm hoping as a 5th starter he'll do ok. I don't have any better options to start over him unless I give Cady Lalanne the position but I doubt I go that route. Between Joseph/Waiters/Kawhi we have a plethora of scoring and playmaking and with Bell in that Draymond role (offensively and defensively) Jokic should thrive. He's basically a 4th/5th option.
Ball is Life.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

We gave him a look but with a log jam at center already there was just no chance he would see the floor for us and we put our focus elsewhere. Great signing.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

blackice wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:27 am We'll see, I'm hoping as a 5th starter he'll do ok. I don't have any better options to start over him unless I give Cady Lalanne the position but I doubt I go that route. Between Joseph/Waiters/Kawhi we have a plethora of scoring and playmaking and with Bell in that Draymond role (offensively and defensively) Jokic should thrive. He's basically a 4th/5th option.
True ... He has a better team around him like last year in Atlanta. That should fit him nicely.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

blackice wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:27 am We'll see, I'm hoping as a 5th starter he'll do ok. I don't have any better options to start over him unless I give Cady Lalanne the position but I doubt I go that route. Between Joseph/Waiters/Kawhi we have a plethora of scoring and playmaking and with Bell in that Draymond role (offensively and defensively) Jokic should thrive. He's basically a 4th/5th option.
Philosophically, that makes sense. The only problem is, we're dealing w a computer sim engine and he has the 2nd highest SCR rating on your team. Ahead of Joseph and Kawhi. I think he'll still do well and won't kill you, have always liked him. Hope it works out.
Last edited by Ocons on Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clown.Show.League

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Nice steal of a signing

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Solid get for you guys. I'm not sure how he's going to work in your starting lineup considering you have three other accomplished scorers in Kawhi, Waiters, and Joseph, but that's something you can work on all season long.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Myles wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:35 am Solid get for you guys. I'm not sure how he's going to work in your starting lineup considering you have three other accomplished scorers in Kawhi, Waiters, and Joseph, but that's something you can work on all season long.
What I'm mulling over and leaning towards is starting Allen Crabbe at the 2 for his high level 3&D skills and low USG% and bringing Dion Waiters off the bench at the PG/SG positions to dominant second units and give my bench a nice lift. Like you said though we have all season long to experiment.
Ball is Life.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Yeah for a min salary you can't go wrong (even though he was a bust with us)

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

We ain't no Jokic/ we used to let the mic smokic/
Now we slam it thru the hoop and make sure it's brokic//

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF J Isaac
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:46 am We ain't no Jokic/ we used to let the mic smokic/
Wiggins is supposed to be my point guard//he still turns it over no matter how hard he tries//we still believe he can play//but the truth is out there every night and day//

Jk with ya bro bro

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Andrewu91 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 am
WillyJakkz wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:46 am We ain't no Jokic/ we used to let the mic smokic/
Wiggins is supposed to be my point guard//he still turns it over no matter how hard he tries//we still believe he can play//but the truth is out there every night and day//

Jk with ya bro bro
PHX cut and traded Eric Soe he Bled/ OKC's GM's leaving soon that franchise is dead/
He won one title so we say that's ok/ But it's getting melted down cause it's made out of Klay//

#micdrop

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF J Isaac
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:48 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 am

Jk with ya bro bro
PHX cut and traded Eric Soe he Bled/ OKC's GM's leaving soon that franchise is dead/
He won one title so we say that's ok/ But it's getting melted down cause it's made out of Klay//

#micdrop
Paul George made the Magic// without him they've turned Tragic. Can't stop the facts, 4 of 7yrs they have hit the lottery// not in a good way, Willy should turn the team over to someone who really knows how to play//

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

*drops mic*

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Andrewu91 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:17 am*drops mic*
Ruthless :lol: Its true Willy was never into team building he just brought in players he liked. With PG it worked because he can carry any team to the playoffs. Drummond/Embiid/Wiggins wont carry any team to the playoffs. Ill still be rooting for him and all my other southeast teams.