League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

FA Day 1 Update

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

FA Day 1 Update

Post by Myles »

Slow Start to the Market?
Tavares has informed us that he is not currently entertaining any offers

This free agency is looking like it has the potential to be a great one. So I wanted to give everyone daily updates to drum up some excitement and get that buzz going! also i have no life plz send help

The Big Battles
There's already a couple of players who are entertaining multiple competiive offers. Otto Porter is the highest profile player who's already been contacted, receiving max contracts from two teams, but curiously has apparently not received an offer from Sacramento. We expect that they'll offer him the contract he wants, but as of right now, Porter's best offers are away from Sacramento. Khris Middleton has also received multiple offers, one of which is from Chicago. However, their offer isn't even the one with the highest average annual value. Could Middleton be leaving Chicago? He might if they don't step up to the plate.

Two restricted free agents are already in bidding wars. Cory Joseph is the hottest RFA on the market, with two pretty substantial offers, one from the Raptors. The Raptors are offering basically the same AAV as the other team, but they are offering an extra year. We'll see if that makes the difference for Joseph. The other RFA is Demarre Carroll, who I was expecting to see get more competitive offers from other teams. However, he's got one meidocre offer, and Oklahoma City is currently well in the lead to bring him back. There is one other RFA with two offers, and that's Boban Marjanovic, as the Knicks have offered a better contract to Boban the Giant, and the Nuggets haven't really offered him anything competitive.

Where's the Love?
There are a ton of players with no offers obviously, but there are some really surprising players who didn't receive a competitive offer on day one. Russell Westbrook, perhaps the easiest UFA to steal away from their mother team, did not receive a single offer on day 1. Other players with this dubious distinction include Walter Tavares, Draymond Green, Hassan Whiteside, Clint Capela, Tyus Jones, Cody Zeller, Nikola Mirotic, and Bogdan Bogdanovic. A lot of solid players in that list, but all got overlooked on Day 1.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: FA Day 1 Update

Post by Marcos_Beck »

We’re matching absolutely anything for Middleton so I’m not worried.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Btw what i’ve noticed so far is role players asking for a lot of money while stars asking for very little.

Dennis paid more than 3M over McLemore’s asking price to keep him. I’m over 3M more with Middleton as well while some average guys who aren’t starting level material are asking for 10-12M. That’s how bad DDS FA is and why I prefer PAs over it by miles.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Interesting that no one has made an offer on Westbrook... now that the Boston free agents are off the board I expect some of these other guys to begin to get offeds
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Hard to invest a lot of money into Westbrook right away, when he is sidelined until what ... March?

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Tim isn’t around to price drive RFAs.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Let's see how day 2 goes
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Not even a little jab towards us for still paying a premium despite no agents? Im a bit disappointed Myles:P..
I think many low offers are flying around due RFA status. Marcos for example would evne match a Midd max and just tries to get him signed for less.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Hey, we focus on what is still to come in FA, not the mistakes of yesterday :P