League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Pop Goes the Weasel!

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Pop Goes the Weasel!

Post by Cyrisnyte »

Oakland, CA.

Sometimes a trade is more than just a life adjustment for a player. Sometimes there is a butterfly effect that can cause unseen damage that one does not think about. This was the case in regards to the trade that just took place for the Golden State Warriors.

Gregg Popovich pleading with GM Cyrisnyte not to move Cameron Payne

Gregg Popovich and GM Cyrisnyte were seen just short of a physical altercation at the the home office of the Golden State Warriors. The two were in a yelling match in which security had to separate the two before it got out of control. Gregg Popovich was extremely frustrated that GM Cyrisnyte was in the process of trading away Cameron Payne. Coach Popovich said he was under the impression the Warriors wanted to win now with James Harden and Kevin Durant in their prime. He questioned why Cyrisnyte would bring in an unproven second year player in Sinan Guler. As GM Cyrisnyte tried to explain he felt the team needed a better passer to help set up KD and The Beard, Popovich simply said, "What do you know about coaching?"

The closeness of their relationship over the years seemed to fall by the wayside in an instant as GM Cyrisnyte submitted the trade for approval to the league office. As Cyrisnyte walked out of his office, Gregg Popovich was seen clearing out his office of his personal belongings. Cyrisnyte threw up his hands and said, "If you want out, then get out!" Popovich had a simple response of, "My contract is up, don't bother trying to re sign me!" as he walked out of his office and down the hall.

That quickly, the Golden State Warriors went from having one of the most trusted and respected coaches in the CSL to having to shift gears.

A lot had taken place since GM Cyrisnyte was back, the draft, a trade and now the search for a new head coach. Cyrisnyte had not even taken care of all his own personal business in his life and now this. Things were about to get even more crazy.

As coaches were now in the process of being hired there was a collective groan in the building as the Golden State Warriors announced the signing of Chris Paul as the head coach. GM Cyrisnyte's own jaw hit the floor. "What the hell just happened?", he yelled out. "Who sent this in to the league office?", he demanded. "We did not want Chris Paul as our head coach, this guy just stepped off a court, he can't lead Harden and KD.", Cyrisnyte said in disbelief.

Then like a ton of bricks it hit him. He stormed back towards his office. "Piper", Cyrisnyte was heard yelling at the top of his lungs. Many, knew Piper for some time. She had come to the organization after GM Cyrisnyte had left previously as the office secretary. She had been responsible for submitting all documents to the league office as well as being the secretary to GM Cyrisnyte.

Piper looked up from her desk, "Yes sir, Cyrisnyte?" "Can I please see the document that you sent over to the CSL offices last night?", Cyrisnyte asked. She handed him the form and his jaw hit the ground. "Piper, I'm going to do the best I can to stay calm here but you do remember that I gave you two items to handle last night before I left correct?" once again asked Cyrisnyte. "Yes sir, you wanted me to submit the name of who you were offering a head coaching contract to as well as setting up your car insurance." Piper replied.

"Then how in the hell did you mix them up as well as Cliff's first name? Do you realize now that we have hired a coach to lead this team that has zero coaching experience? You have just caused this company so much time and money that you might want to catch up to Gregg who is leaving the building because you are out of a job as well.", Cyrisnyte said with anger.

It was a major mistake that now the Warriors were left to clear up. Not to mention, there is probably no insurance agent named Chauncey Billiups with State Farm that is going to match Cliff's rates!
Harrison -- Young --- ZDK --- AA --- WCJ
Duval -- O'Neale -- Okeke -- Reid -- N'Diaye

wms02a
CEO

Re: Pop Goes the Weasel!

Post by wms02a »

Hahaha great article! So glad you are back!
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

I just got busted LOLing at this.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Cliff Paul deserves the utmost respect from you peasants.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Future Drives to the Arena?

Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

LOLLLLLLL

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Jeff at it's best!!!!
Always so good! Always such a pleasure to have you here, motivated!

I'm so happy to see you like that!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Brilliant haha
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Lmao!!! Good laugh for sure!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

This was great, really enjoyable read! I'm curious to see how you guys do this season.
Ball is Life.

Raidercj
General Manager

Post by Raidercj »

Awesome article! I like it!
New Orleans Pelicans

Starters: Monte Morris | Brandon Knight | Chandler Parsons | Anthony Davis | Nikola Vucevic

Alternatives:Joe Jackson | Roy Devyn Marble | Brice Johnson | Malcolm Brogdon | Cole Aldrich | Rajon Rondo | James Ennis

Reserves: Tyler Dorsey | Nicolas Brussino | Derrick Jones