League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Jazz Dusting Off the Saxophone

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Jazz Dusting Off the Saxophone

Post by Ocons »

FRONT OFFICE READY TO START PLAYING AGAIN

Salt Lake City, UT - Let's keep the clichés going. The Utah Jazz have been dormant for the past few weeks but folks around the city are seeing the organization begin to show signs of putting the band back together. However, it appears that the members will consist of a lot of new faces.

No doubt about it, Kristaps Porzingis will be back. The team will go as far as breaking the CBA rules, regardless of what Marcos says, and offer him more than the max allowed. Mo Bamba will return and is slotted to start at C after a disappointing rookie season - to no fault of his own. Bryce Cotton is under contract and secured his spot as the teams floor leader. Outside of that, it's anyone's guess.

Steph Curry is a UFA, Gorgui Dieng and Giannis Antetotkuonmpo are under contract but there's a good chance none of them return.

Then there are the Ish Smith, Bogdanovic twins, Papagianos and other bench players that will not be guaranteed a return to the squad.

With the division bringing home the championship and OKC showing no signs of slowing down, until Andy screws it up, the Jazz need to gear up in a different way.

Anything goes and GM Ocons looks to be active again - hence this nonsense wiretap for some cheap scouting points just before the deadline!
Clown.Show.League

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Jazz Dusting Off the Saxophone

Post by Myles »

At least you're honest about your last minute scouting article.

As long as you have Porzingis, you'll be in a good position. Interested to see how the roster takes shape around him.

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Jazz made a good step forward last year. great to have so many competitive GM's in the Southwest! This might be the year we miss out as OKC, Jazz and Denver all have talent upgrades over us now.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Myles wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:26 pm At least you're honest about your last minute scouting article.

As long as you have Porzingis, you'll be in a good position. Interested to see how the roster takes shape around him.
Once I saw the thread still open I figured I couldn't pass it up. LOL

I've done enough scouting to know what I want to do with our picks but doesn't hurt to get a few other looks.
Clown.Show.League

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Porzingis is my favourite for MVP next season and if Bamba can develop into an above average center...that frontcourt will carry Utah to another playoff berth. Curious to see what happens with Curry.
Ball is Life.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Curry will be indeed interesting.
He played a good season for Kevin at the #2 position. Maybe development from Bamba can be enough to push deeper in the playoffs next year.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

This team played very well this year with the depth that it had, and with all these potential free agents, it will be interesting to see if you bring them back, or renounce them, and go for something else.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

hardenwithnod wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:44 pm This team played very well this year with the depth that it had, and with all these potential free agents, it will be interesting to see if you bring them back, or renounce them, and go for something else.
Certainly going to be an interesting decision. We never had depth until this year and I quite liked it. Not sure what I want to do yet. . .
Clown.Show.League

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Curry is an interesting situation here. A capable shooter / scorer who might be stealing touches (although he's extremely efficient) from Porzingis and is quickly declining at the other end. How will Kevin treat this is one of the keys of this offseason, not only for Utah. Curry and WB are at a unique position to switch teams, but might turn out to be huge poison pills.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Jazz are on the rise. Should contend for the division title. 55 wins a good possibility depending if you re-sign Curry
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:46 pm Curry is an interesting situation here. A capable shooter / scorer who might be stealing touches (although he's extremely efficient) from Porzingis and is quickly declining at the other end. How will Kevin treat this is one of the keys of this offseason, not only for Utah. Curry and WB are at a unique position to switch teams, but might turn out to be huge poison pills.
At least now we know who your targets are. . . :lol:
Clown.Show.League

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Did you vote for the CSL awards yet dude?
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Ocons wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:15 pm
Marcos_Beck wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:46 pm Curry is an interesting situation here. A capable shooter / scorer who might be stealing touches (although he's extremely efficient) from Porzingis and is quickly declining at the other end. How will Kevin treat this is one of the keys of this offseason, not only for Utah. Curry and WB are at a unique position to switch teams, but might turn out to be huge poison pills.
At least now we know who your targets are. . . :lol:
Oh true! I have lots of cap space! Lol
I’m keeping my guys, don’t have cap to go after anyone
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

andrei wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:14 pm Did you vote for the CSL awards yet dude?
No, should I? I don't have the time to do a proper analysis so it would be semi-accurate. Not sure if that's fair but will take a stab at it.
Clown.Show.League

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!