League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Will the Pistons FInally Rebuild?

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Will the Pistons FInally Rebuild?

Post by emplep7 »

The season has finally ended and the Pistons can't help thinking about what a failure this season was. They had the top record in the East and lost in the first round to a D-League GM and a team that runs through 1 player. Word out of Detroit is GM emplep7 has been heckling all employees and walking around urinating in every corner of the arena. He has finally become unhinged.

Andrei Kirilenko has been told he is somewhat safe, but everyone else in the franchise (including the janitorial staff) has been told they are likely to be tossed from the arena any day now.

There is also speculation that no player is safe on the roster and that includes the face of the franchise in Kemba Walker. One Western Conference GM has told the Detroit Times that they feel he is almost certainly to be traded along with every other player on the roster. Some staffers had said the team is high on Jamal Murray, but after the lottery debacle where they relinquished the top pick back to Denver, they said that the GM completely lost it and locked himself in his office for 16 days straight without leaving.

The coming weeks will be telling about the direction this team will go and if they will finally pull the plug and rebuild, but there is still a good enough roster to complete in the East after finishing 1st. Will the GM come to his senses after seeing this Finals and decide to add some depth to make one more run or will he continue his trend the last 3 seasons of making major deals to get younger and acquire picks to try and start another multi-year run.

Stay tuned.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Re: Will the Pistons FInally Rebuild?

Post by Stockton12 »

Add depth to your roster and try again.. especially incase of injuries

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Send Kemba here.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Haha fun read

I do believe Kemba will "finally" be traded. It's time to hand the franchise over to scary Terry
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:09 am Send Kemba here.
I will kidnap him on the way to windy city!!!

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I expect moves to be made for you guys this offseason, and send Kemba here!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Detroit will retool I think. I can't see anyone stepping up to pay for kemba unless they could get Davis or another elite talent to pair with him.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I don't see Kemba being traded simply because I don't think Jon will find a deal he likes for him. Kemba has done so much for the Detroit franchise that it makes finding the right price point really difficult. Few teams have the kind of assets to acquire a player like Kemba, someone who has so few flaws in his game and also means so much to an organization. If Jon is going to trade Kemba, he's going to have to settle a little bit.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Detroit is so asset rich that they could conceivably rebuild and instantly form a top 2-3 young core in the league or double down and go the win now route and legitimately win the chip next year. Great position to be in and Jon will be careful regardless of what direction he goes.
Ball is Life.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I dont think they will rebuild, because it is unlikely anyone will be paying what Jon wants for Kemba. In a league driven by youth he's just too old to generate the super high value return Detroit most likely wants for him.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

At this point, Jon is just hoping to find a sucker for Kemba. He couldn't get what he wanted last year or he would have been dealt. Now he's another year older in a league that views 30 as a death sentence.
Clown.Show.League

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

The suckers IMO are the teams who keep holding onto youth only to get beat by teams like OKC who take on great players regardless of being in their 30s. Too many teams just take the backseat for youth only to continuously lose when now is the time to win. We’ll see though as I’m happy to keep him and take the top seed again while adding shooters.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Interesting, Jon. Going for another run would be the logical option here but honestly anything can happen in Detroit and we already know that haha
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns