League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Green Offseason gonna be Busy

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Green Offseason gonna be Busy

Post by Dennis »

Aaron Gordon and Ben McLemore got promised a max.

Boston, Massachussetts - after the 2nd round exit against the Miami Heat, the Boston Celtics are already planning the offseason. While Aaron Gordon's and Ben McLemore's agents already received the promise from GM Dennis, that both will get offered whatever they want this offseason. Even if it is a max. With Los Angeles already targeting McLemore and teams like New York and Atlanta focussing on Gordon, the question is if both veterans want to lead a young team in the playoffs or if they want to fight for a 30-wins-season. Given they will get whatever money they want, it would be a shocker to see them leave for mediocre - looking back at last years offseason it still has to be seen what happens though. (Btw, in the end it was a smart decision by Dame).

Teams targeting Anigbogu, Warren, Gbinije, Knox, Napier and Henson.

With the draft coming closer it is also no secret that the Celtics (and other teams) are looking for ways to improve their team. Rumours are having that Boston is especially looking for more shot blocking & rebounding in the paint and some more solid shooters on the wings & in the backcourt. While the starting five most likely wont be traded unless a player like Anthony Davis would be headed to Boston in return, the Celtics have a lot young talent and veterans that can be moved. Suprisigly the hottest bet is Ike Anigbogu right now. While the rookie didnt see much courttime in his first season, GMs believe he will end up being a Monroe with better shotblocking. Also many teams are interested in Gbinije, Knox, Napier and Henson. Only DeMar DeRozan doppelgänger TJ Warren didnt draw much attention yet. It's gonna be an interesting offseason for the team.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Green Offseason gonna be Busy

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I don’t think you’ll max Gordon, but this should be a really interesting offseason for Boston. Whatever happens, you have the depth to overcome any losses.

And for God’s sake nobody trade Anthony Davis for Knox and a first. Lol
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:00 pm I don’t think you’ll max Gordon, but this should be a really interesting offseason for Boston. Whatever happens, you have the depth to overcome any losses.

And for God’s sake nobody trade Anthony Davis for Knox and a first. Lol
I actually will, unless he wants less. And I think you don't know what I offer haha. Also, first is not first. Look at the NY first. Clippers Charlotte one have the same value
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Both guys are crucial to the Celtics success. Especially Mclemore. Re-signing both, adding a few more shooters and you guys should be one of the favorites to win next year.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Going to be a busy offseason. I reckon Ben M will get a max and stay and Davis will head to Boston for a collection of assets and picks which will make Gordon less likely to stay,
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Man Davis to Boston would suck, hard enough to improve :-)
But Dennis did a great job in collecting the right pieces for such a deal!

Aaron is definitely on our top list. Depending if we stay the curse he will get an offer from the Hawks. Question is really if he prefers a more winning environment.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Good luck holding onto both