League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Thunder drop Game 1, prepare for tomorrow

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Thunder drop Game 1, prepare for tomorrow

Post by Andrewu91 »

Last night at 12am eastern, the CSL world got to witness the Portland Blazers beating the OKC Thunder. In a strange turn of events, they outscored the Thunder 35-21 in the fourth quarter, to secure the 2 point win.

So.. what went wrong, after being up by 12 going into the 4th quarter? The answer is simple and that's Marcus Smart. Trying to stop Smart, the Thunder wanted to limit his driving and attempt him to shoot threes. So in return, the 18% three point shooter decided to go 6/11 from deep. The last 3 was at the buzzer to give the Blazers the win.

Asking gm Andrew about the game, here's his thoughts:

"We blew the game. This game might come back and haunt us later in the series. Marcus freakin Smart man. When I saw that last second three, I punched a hole in my door. Bunch of BS. Now tonight is a must win".

Must win, how do the Thunder prepare for tonight? Let Smart try beat you again from three? Change strats where you trust your defenders to stop him? Bring Stanley back into the series and let him take Klays shots? Well anything is possible but the re-thought depth chart will be submitted in a few hours. If the Thunder lose, series is pretty much over. So tonight is big, real BIG.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Re: Thunder drop Game 1, prepare for tomorrow

Post by Cleasby »

It was a fluke win. No way does Smart do that again for the rest of the series. Still very early in the series and we will need to adjust based on an awful 3 quarters.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Marcus Smart and Klay Thompson switched jerseys, lol.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

In any case a great start for Portland into this series.
This will be a hard nut to crack for OKC.