League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2021 All Star Rosters Announced

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Raidercj
General Manager

Re: 2021 All Star Rosters Announced

Post by Raidercj »

I did not vote. Sorry but not sorry. I don’t really care to vote for asg.
New Orleans Pelicans

Starters: Monte Morris | Brandon Knight | Chandler Parsons | Anthony Davis | Nikola Vucevic

Alternatives:Joe Jackson | Roy Devyn Marble | Brice Johnson | Malcolm Brogdon | Cole Aldrich | Rajon Rondo | James Ennis

Reserves: Tyler Dorsey | Nicolas Brussino | Derrick Jones

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Raidercj wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:33 am I did not vote. Sorry but not sorry. I don’t really care to vote for asg.
Understandable but for the GMs that do care, I’m sure they would have appreciated to see how all 30 GMs viewed the talent around the league.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Myles wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:59 pm One of the great things about this type of stuff is that it can be something different for everyone, and everyone can go by whatever criteria they like.

For me, I see All Star voting just like I see our MVP, DPOY, All-CSL Team voting, etc. We've come to the understanding that the game just honestly sucks at picking these awards out, and so we have the opportunity to get it right. So that means I really don't worry about GM activity, as I want this to be something I can look back on in future seasons and see that the best players made the ASG. Not wonder why Harden or Durant didn't make it when they honestly deserve it based on their play thus far. That's what I consider when I select my all stars, but obviously everyone can use any criteria they like.
This is exactly how I feel. Whether a team has a GM or not, I want to see the 24 best players acknowledged for being the best in our league for a given season.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Glad to have two reps even if they were bumped.

Sorry for the no vote, with being overseas and now in hospital, I completely missed it.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Raidercj wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:33 am I did not vote. Sorry but not sorry. I don’t really care to vote for asg.
No vote = no playoffs for you!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

hardenwithnod wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:15 am
I liked it better when writing articles and voting were mandatory. Haha
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

The way I feel about this is similar to Doug in that its an exhibition game meant to be fun and that's it. We can remove all GM voting and go solely with what the game provides or go back to making this a mandatory activity check. If everyone voted, the tally would be more representative of who should and shouldn't be an All Star and there would be less up for debate. I know people have a lot going on and I'm all about the real world coming first, but I know a good amount of people who didn't vote who posted trades days before or GMs who were clearly on the forum daily whether they want to admit it or not and just didn't take the 5-10 mins to put together some semblance of a vote. Others generally weren't around and since this vote was posted late, I expected a handful of GMs not to be able to check in and complete this vote, which again is our fault for getting the vote out late.

As for the "this player should have been in over this player stuff"...if 15 GMs voted for certain guys its hard to argue with the vote IMO. Some players (Wiggins and Harden for example) got the benefit of double dipping in both the Guard and Forward pools from their votes which actually elevated their vote totals. If we had just picked one position for them, Harden wouldn't be a starter and Wiggins wouldn't even be on the team as a reserve.

The bottom line is that it takes a stupid amount of time tallying up these votes and putting this together (even when only 15 GMs vote) and its been worth it every year, but if its now too taxing on GMs to cast a simple vote or to accept the final results, we will remove it all together and only use the very simple game provided ASG from here on out.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

LOL at the bumps for not voting. "Sorry for being late, yet again" but you're gonna be penalized for not getting a vote in.

Honestly, it's no sweat for me. I apologize to the GMs who are upset some of us didnt vote. I didn't really get many chances too, check my activity lately (LAL trade was quick and all Tim) but the one time I tried and realized it wasn't selecting players, like a true ballot would be, and putting in some R+D work to find candidates myself - I knew there was no chance I'd be voting on time. Forgive me but I don't follow everyones team religiously so if you wanted a fair depiction from me, I would need to go through team by team.

These are excuses, sure, but just felt like I should comment since some of you are getting your panties in a bunch over an exhibition game that won't actually take place.

Congrats to thoss.that made it and F you to the voters for shortchanging Steph and not even considering Bryce!!
Clown.Show.League

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

I hear you Jon but doing this in 5 minutes defeats the whole purpose and won't stop people from being upset. Becomes a popularity contest (which is what an all star game generally is).

If I was an admin, I wouldn't have posted the results until I casted my vote. Sorta like a trade deadline sim :P
Clown.Show.League

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Ocons wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:29 am LOL at the bumps for not voting. "Sorry for being late, yet again" but you're gonna be penalized for not getting a vote in.

Honestly, it's no sweat for me. I apologize to the GMs who are upset some of us didnt vote. I didn't really get many chances too, check my activity lately (LAL trade was quick and all Tim) but the one time I tried and realized it wasn't selecting players, like a true ballot would be, and putting in some R+D work to find candidates myself - I knew there was no chance I'd be voting on time. Forgive me but I don't follow everyones team religiously so if you wanted a fair depiction from me, I would need to go through team by team.

These are excuses, sure, but just felt like I should comment since some of you are getting your panties in a bunch over an exhibition game that won't actually take place.

Congrats to thoss.that made it and F you to the voters for shortchanging Steph and not even considering Bryce!!
I mean, I wouldn't give a crap either if I had nothing to play for, or didn't expect to be elite either. So I can't blame you there.

But agreed with Jon. Either make this mandatory or just skip voting all together.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

LOL. Which one of the Paw Patrol characters are you being for Halloween this year?
Clown.Show.League

HiGrade
General Manager

Post by HiGrade »

For what its worth, there was no list to choose from (not sure if there ever is) but when I voted I just picked the best players I thought should get in from the playoff teams...which is why Magic players didn't get any votes from me.
In need of a home

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Ocons wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:38 am LOL. Which one of the Paw Patrol characters are you being for Halloween this year?
Marshall all the way ;)
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

andrei wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:15 am
Ocons wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:38 am LOL. Which one of the Paw Patrol characters are you being for Halloween this year?
Marshall all the way ;)
I really wish I knew what that question meant. I googled it and it's a show. I have no reponse since I haven't seen the show :/

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Andrewu91 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:54 pm
Marshall all the way ;)
I really wish I knew what that question meant. I googled it and it's a show. I have no reponse since I haven't seen the show :/
It means you're a 6 year old.
Clown.Show.League

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Ocons wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:14 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Marshall all the way ;)
It means you're a 6 year old.
Seems like we are both cut from the same cloth then

Raidercj
General Manager

Post by Raidercj »

Andrewu91 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:17 am
I would just go off stat leaders if this were true.
New Orleans Pelicans

Starters: Monte Morris | Brandon Knight | Chandler Parsons | Anthony Davis | Nikola Vucevic

Alternatives:Joe Jackson | Roy Devyn Marble | Brice Johnson | Malcolm Brogdon | Cole Aldrich | Rajon Rondo | James Ennis

Reserves: Tyler Dorsey | Nicolas Brussino | Derrick Jones

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Raidercj wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:33 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:17 am

I would just go off stat leaders if this were true.
At least that's a +1 for vote. Something is better than nothing

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

I actually wish they would do it like the year-end votes, where a shortlist of candidates is presented.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

unless you're active and aware of how every other teams players are doing statistically, this does not take 5 minutes to do. And if you're not using the game it could take 20+ minutes to do it properly. Otherwise we can just get some random write in votes. I would much rather have 15 accurate votes than 30 votes that were just thrown together willy nilly.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done