League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Brian Schmitz Report: The New Shaq and Penny!

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: The Brian Schmitz Report: The New Shaq and Penny!

Post by WillyJakkz »

You beat a rebuilding Bucks team, oh and I'm snarky? This is you in the sim results thread:
drumr wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 pm Injured Kyrie, but im busy. Hopefully I can get a depth chart in. Shoulda beat Miami imo, but it's whatever. On to the next sim
"Shoulda beat MIA" but oh I didn't get a dc in but still shoulda beat them regardless because uh....Cavs are superior? ...I guess....
drumr wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:17 pm Seems like we're getting back on track and almost back at .500 after a brutal start of three b2bs in a row. One of these seasons we'll have a nice start. Blake is having a monster start tonthe season though his fg% is lower than usual. Should improve with the change in offense I hope. Getting internet in the new place today so it'll help with my activity as well.

If George DePaula doesn't end up with more than one triple double this season I'll be surprised. So close every game.
But but but Blake is playing like a monster...

And finally you from the "Is This Their Year" thread... all gung ho about your team
drumr wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:50 pm Excellent article and summary. So far GDP has been great for us this season. I think of him as our bridge to the future so I'm really happy I didn't trade him as he's been a walking triple-double so far over 10 games averaging almost 12/6/6 and in the top 10 of assistmen playing SG full time.

I also agree health is our biggest challenge this season. I learned a lot of the "tricks of the trade" in the playoffs my 1st season playing GMs like Dennis, Chili, Marcos, and Jon and I truly believe with a health Butler we could have made the Finals again. Free throws and possessions are huge in the playoffs and I've tried to build a team able to maximize both. I'll be keeping an eye out for a cheap shooter to add to the rotation.

Finally if this is the end we're set up to start a minor retooling. We have about 40mil in expiring contracts and our 1st round pick. Marcos proved older superstars can still get you there so as of now our plan if to fix our financials and get more defensive wings in here as the old guys transition into bench players on better contracts. I love taking a traditional approach towards team building and Blake will age like Lebron imo.

Thanks for such an in depth article!
But when you lose it's an excuse for it.... I was honestly happy I beat you guys as I felt it was a great test and now I feel really great since you have to game plan against us now :)

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

So at what point did being optimistic about your results become the act of sitting at a computer and submitting a depth chart. :?:

The sim results thread is for discussing the results of that sim. Selectively picking posts and misquoting them is hilarious. You actually pretended I didn't say in my opinion regarding Miami. Pretending I declared it like a statement of fact is lame.

A player having a monster season doesn't always equal wins. How does posting the Blake quote in any way validate your argument? Not really sure of your point there. Is not a 20/10 game a good game?

That final quote is me responding to a season preview I didn't write in which I talk mostly about
my teams future. Not seeing any reason for that either. :roll:

The real question is why so sensitive. Everyone posts if they're having DC troubles. It's a statement of fact not an invalidation of your win. But when you're running a Wiggins/Tucker backcourt I cam understand them being hard to come by. I'm gonna play you just like I plan for everyone else. I just have time to do it. Which I didn't have and posted in every quote you selectively picked lol. I didn't even mention the players who were injured when we played if an excuse was my intent. You can't invalidate my Bucks win and get away with it lol
Cleveland Cavaliers

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

We need LaVar Ball to chime in here.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

drumr wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:29 pm So at what point did being optimistic about your results become the act of sitting at a computer and submitting a depth chart. :?:

The sim results thread is for discussing the results of that sim. Selectively picking posts and misquoting them is hilarious. You actually pretended I didn't say in my opinion regarding Miami. Pretending I declared it like a statement of fact is lame.

A player having a monster season doesn't always equal wins. How does posting the Blake quote in any way validate your argument? Not really sure of your point there. Is not a 20/10 game a good game?

That final quote is me responding to a season preview I didn't write in which I talk mostly about

The real question is why so sensitive. Everyone posts if they're having DC troubles. It's a statement of fact not an invalidation of your win. But when you're running a Wiggins/Tucker backcourt I cam understand them being hard to come by. I'm gonna play you just like I plan for everyone else. I just have time to do it. Which I didn't have and posted in every quote you selectively picked lol. I didn't even mention the players who were injured when we played if an excuse was my intent. You can't invalidate my Bucks win and get away with it lol
You misunderstand.

The Blake quote was me surmising since Blake is having a monster season, your team is in fact playing well because you posted it after your win. After every loss you were all "grrr... I didn't input a dc i coulda beat them they suck."

As for me I'm not sensitive to anything here. You got quite sensitive when I stated on the video cast and article I felt your team is older and you'll have to make a pimp decision to let Blake and maybe even Kyrie go. I felt your Finals appearance was a fluke and since then you've been on edge.

Either way we don't lace em up against you again until March so you have a long wait for bulletin board material and Kyrie or Blake may be long gone by then... good game though man.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:44 am
drumr wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:29 pm So at what point did being optimistic about your results become the act of sitting at a computer and submitting a depth chart. :?:

You misunderstand.

The Blake quote was me surmising since Blake is having a monster season, your team is in fact playing well because you posted it after your win. After every loss you were all "grrr... I didn't input a dc i coulda beat them they suck."

As for me I'm not sensitive to anything here. You got quite sensitive when I stated on the video cast and article I felt your team is older and you'll have to make a pimp decision to let Blake and maybe even Kyrie go. I felt your Finals appearance was a fluke and since then you've been on edge.

Either way we don't lace em up against you again until March so you have a long wait for bulletin board material and Kyrie or Blake may be long gone by then... good game though man.
Damn.. :shock:
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Back on topic: I'm typically in favor of experimenting, given the nature of this engine to defy logic at times. And who knows, I could be wrong here. I just think the inevitable poor stop% and expected high TOs will be too much to for this experiment to be a success.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

GreenBear wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:10 am Back on topic: I'm typically in favor of experimenting, given the nature of this engine to defy logic at times. And who knows, I could be wrong here. I just think the inevitable poor stop% and expected high TOs will be too much to for this experiment to be a success.
Yeah I definitely understand that as Wiggins is a high turnover guy but in fairness he has a high usage and was turning over the ball nearly just as much playing SG but without getting as many shots. Figured he'd be pretty good but more of a scorer from the PG spot which is what we need...an alpha and Embiid shooting more was a great product of the move. RoCo seems on board but the other guys are hit or miss lol.

Honestly I based all of this on my real life thoughts of Wiggins, prior to his stint at Kansas he was more of a playmaker then was used as less of one at KU plus the emergence of Embiid negated a playmaker. I don't think he's being used correctly in Minnesota in real life either.

ORLANDO
MAGIC: