League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Magic Fanatic Spotlight: Roy Hibbert (Royd Rage)

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Magic Fanatic Spotlight: Roy Hibbert (Royd Rage)

Post by WillyJakkz »

Roy Hibbert has been quite an enigma during his CSL career...

One of the highest rated defensive players in the League yet he has not truly lived up to the lofty expectations that had been put on him... Until now.

After a 22 rebounding performance against one of the more lauded bigs in the game and former teammate Larry Sanders, GM's are starting to take notice. Hibbert has also gone for 19pts 16rebs 2blks against the Sixers Nerlens Noel as well as 16pts 11 rebs and 4blks against Toronto's Andre Drummond while holding them to 4pts 6rebs 2blks and 4pts 7rebs 3blks respectively.

With these performances, fans are starting to rally around Hibbert dubbing him "Royd Rage"!
Yeah... I think the weight loss in Training Camp has alot to do with it... Me, Gorgui, and Dwight worked out with our GM WillyJakkz, man that guy is in phenomenal shape by the way (laughs) but yeah we all got together and made it a point to tone up this year and I believe it's had an impact on my play along with Dwight starting...it kinda spaces the floor more to box out and stuff so it's encouraging... Yeah I definitely hear all the talk around the League and stuff about my contract but hey I have a ring and was rewarded for it and the impact they felt I could make on the team and Orlando traded for me and it's great being here...
Currently boasting averages of 13pts, 11.3rebs, and 2.5blks per game all while shooting an impressive .840 from the free throw line. The most inefficient part of his game, field goal percentage (.432) though low for a big is currently a work in progress.

"Getting him closer to the basket... that's all. Getting him closer looks", stated Coach Jeff Van Gundy.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Re: Magic Fanatic Spotlight: Roy Hibbert (Royd Rage)

Post by GreenBear »

Right on cue, Hibbert has a bad game haha. It was no secret I hated this underachiever when he was on my team. He was incredibly frustrating to manage. I never knew which Hibbert was going to show up.

But you seem to have him playing well this year (minus the shooting), so maybe you've tapped into his immense potential. Huge game-changer if that's the case.

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

GreenBear wrote:Right on cue, Hibbert has a bad game haha.
Just wanted to say that! :lol:

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Willy likes him to jinx himself
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

GreenBear wrote:Right on cue, Hibbert has a bad game haha. It was no secret I hated this underachiever when he was on my team. He was incredibly frustrating to manage. I never knew which Hibbert was going to show up.

But you seem to have him playing well this year (minus the shooting), so maybe you've tapped into his immense potential. Huge game-changer if that's the case.
He sure did but Royd Rage will bounce back though and playing like a Top C this yr like he should, just a couple more strat tweaks should get it done.

You, Sun Scorched, Dennis, Tim thx for the help as I took all suggestions added mine together for Roy.

Pumping out enough of these articles for the season to cover full scouting to get them out of the way while I have time.

My Season Review (to come) should do it and that's it unless something else occurs in season.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Looks like Big Roy is going to be traded soon. He had a few good games that push his averages up because of few games played so far. He should get back to his career stats soon
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

andrei wrote:Looks like Big Roy is going to be traded soon. He had a few good games that push his averages up because of few games played so far. He should get back to his career stats soon
I enjoy the challenge of working him out, other than strat and player instructions, the offense is set to iso which gets George then Hayward the most shots but oddly enough Dieng.who has a lower SCR rating put up more shots than Roy.

I'd imagine Dribble Drive and High Post would benefit Roy and obviously Single Post but at what cost to George and truthfully I've been too chickensh*t to try it lol. May do it for next sim depending on opponent.

ORLANDO
MAGIC: