League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Brian Schmitz Report: Jazz In Orlando!

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

The Brian Schmitz Report: Jazz In Orlando!

Post by WillyJakkz »

Brian Schmitz: The Orlando Magic made headlines today by sending highly coveted players FC Larry Sanders and SF Doug MCDermott to the Utah Jazz in exchange for SF Gordon Hayward, G RJ Hunter, and 3 2nd RD Picks. The move came as quite a shock to some in the Magic brass as they are coming off a 61 win season that ended with a 7 game series loss to the Chicago Bulls.

"I'm stunned but definitely happy to be heading to a team like Orlando, definitely a team on the rise that has made improvements over the years", Hayward said.

GM WillyJakkz also stated, "We were looking for a player to put next to George on the perimeter and though giving up our guys to get it done was obviously hard but we feel we made an improvement and Coach Van Gundy is excited about not only getting Gordon in here to work on some sets with Paul but also is very excited to get RJ in here as well... As for the financial aspects we looked at both Larry and Doug seeking long term security next offseason we felt this helps our goals as we now have a young guy, a shooter like RJ on a rookie deal and Hayward as the sole guy seeking a new contract which eases things on us a bit with us matching Gorgui Dieng recently so this gives us some flexibility moving forward but we certainly will miss Larry and Doug and we wish them nothing but the best moving forward though they do love Orlando...

When asked about his cryptic statement the GM replied, "Who knows, we're still concentrating on moves."

This could possibly explain the recent FA signings of Nene and Dwight Powell.

Stay tuned...
Last edited by WillyJakkz on Mon May 16, 2016 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: The Brian Schmitz Report: Jazz In Orlando!

Post by KW »

I'll admit I underrated RJ Hunter when I said this was a bad trade for you. I still don't think it's fantastic, but it's pretty decent. You definitely did need more wing talent and you got it.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

BizGilwalker wrote:I'll admit I underrated RJ Hunter when I said this was a bad trade for you. I still don't think it's fantastic, but it's pretty decent. You definitely did need more wing talent and you got it.
Well in total from starting pieces to now it's:
Terrence Ross Tobias Harris Frank Kaminsky Doug McDermott for Gordon Hayward RJ Hunter Gorgui Dieng 3 2nds.

The main cog that those pieces have to fit around are Paul George and I felt Hayward is the best player and fit.

Hope I'm right with my assumption due to Hayward's HDL DEF DRFL DI SCR next to George.

As for the efficiency argument talked about in the trade chatter thread I think George should alleviate the pressure off Hayward and make it easier for him to score.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

WillyJakkz wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:I'll admit I underrated RJ Hunter when I said this was a bad trade for you. I still don't think it's fantastic, but it's pretty decent. You definitely did need more wing talent and you got it.
Terrence Ross Tobias Harris Frank Kaminsky Doug McDermott for Gordon Hayward RJ Hunter Gorgui Dieng 3 2nds.

The main cog that those pieces have to fit around are Paul George and I felt Hayward is the best player and fit.

Hope I'm right with my assumption due to Hayward's HDL DEF DRFL DI SCR next to George.

As for the efficiency argument talked about in the trade chatter thread I think George should alleviate the pressure off Hayward and make it easier for him to score.
Definitely hope you're right because none of Hayward, Hibbert, or Dieng are remotely efficient right now. With George commanding most of the defensive attention, it should improve. By how much is the real question. I expect Hunter to be pretty good for you.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

WillyJakkz wrote:

So how do you envision your starting five?

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Sun Scorched wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:

Chalmers George Hayward Dieng Hibbert I guess.
Bench will be key here.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Sun Scorched wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:

Starting 5 is in my sig, Chalmers George Hayward Dieng Hibbert

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Hunter needs to be in the lineup. Running Dieng and Hibbert in the lineup is just asking to get your ass kicked.