League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Goikiri with...Mattybriand

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
goikiri
General Manager

Goikiri with...Mattybriand

Post by goikiri »

You always say that the trade of Paul George was an error of franchise. But, do you think your current team is better than this : Giannis Antetokoumpo - Zach Lavine - Harrison Barnes - Luigi Datome - Aaron Gordon? That team would be a playoff team. Explain.

To be honest I really don't need to explain...

Paul George IS A TOP 4 PLAYER IN THE CSL..
Indiana won a championship and then traded Paul George and became a bottom dweller. that seems like a pretty easy explanation. If your asking me if id rather have that team then the clear answer is no. However i'm kind of a homer i'm always going to love my current team more..

YING
Giannis Antetokoumpo - Zach Lavine - Harrison Barnes - Luigi Datome - Aaron Gordon
YANG
Jeremy Lin- Damian Lillard - Kevin Love - Cody Zeller - Miles Plumlee - Tyrone Wallace -Keifer Sykes

:roll:

You have a three "touchers" in your team (Lillard, Lin and Love). You would have a very good team to play DDSPB2. For DDSPB3 too?

Another good question with a simple answer. I have no idea...

Alright ill bite, Lillard, Lin, Love all 3 of them have yet to play one game as a Pacer. And who knows if those 3 will all play together. Lin has been in a couple heated discussions however each having fell through due to contractual restraints. This league is built on stars however each year a different type of team has won we feel like this is a good thing for us and we expect to see a lot of teams testing and trying out new things this coming year to find a new formula. We obviously have a uphill battle with Chicago and Detroit both being top 5 teams in the league and unfortunately they are both in our division and don't look to get any weaker. I love my team currently but make no mistake we have a lot to improve upon and a lot of work to do.

I like your polemical character. Do you think some GMs don't respect your opinions?

Of course they don't and why should they? we have yet to have a winning record or even play in a playoff game. but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop talking. I'm very confident in my GM ability but I got room for improvement I need to work on my coaching and scouting, That's the thing you should never stay stagnant you need to always try and improve. And in Indiana we have a lot of doubt coming from teams and GM's who are in the same boat as us "Rebuilding and yet to win anything" those are the matchups we look forward to the most!

Jaboo
General Manager

Re: Goikiri with...Mattybriand

Post by Jaboo »

The Pacers need to hope for a good return from Lin. I think Lillards value comes as a PG as he loses a lot of value to me as a SG. They have the hard part done in acquiring their two young stars. They just need to be patient and find the right pieces to put around them. If they can get a 3&D wing plus a defensive shot blocker for Lin that would be a huge win.

Theres another trade out there that I think would make a lot of sense for both teams but knowing that I have the Pacers pick next year its in my best interest not to share. :D

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Personally think your team is much better with Lillard Love "Droppin' Dimes" duo and think you have a shot at the PO's.

Great moves getting them.

Add to your PG PF core and you're straight.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Really liked your offseason and a few key FA signings could make you a dangerous team.
Ball is Life.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Haha love that State Farm dropping dimes commercial

This team is quietly improving.. Actually somebody asked me a while ago who I thought that would make the playoffs and I didnt mention Pacers but I feel like they will surprise me and make it. The key here is trading Lin into multiple pieces (think about fit). If you can do it, wonderful!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

All I have to say is Lavine, Barnes, Gordon, and co are far closer to being the worst team in the league then ever being considered a playoff team. Lavine, Giannis, and Datome shouldnt even be in a teams rotation let alone being starters.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

StOfTheStep
Senior Vice President

Post by StOfTheStep »

goikiri wrote:I like your polemical character. Do you think some GMs don't respect your opinions?
Mad respect for anyone that puts their unadulterated opinion on the line. Plus, the more active the message board, the more interesting discussion becomes. If everyone thinks the same way, the league becomes stale and everyone targets the same exact players for the same exact reasons.

dapralbe
Senior Vice President

Post by dapralbe »

Matty always generate polemic but i like his style, is a very good manager but is a f normal coach, that isn't the same thing. Gm's have three jobs, coach, bussines and maintein finances.