League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Goikiri with...StOfTheStep

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
goikiri
General Manager

Goikiri with...StOfTheStep

Post by goikiri »

Hi StOfTheStep, do you think you have a limited team? Perfect to gain a ticket for playoffs but nithing more?

- I wouldn't say I have a limited team, so much as it is an inexperienced team. Last season, other than Deron Williams, we started two 21 year olds (Parker, Young), a 22 year old (Noel), and a 24 year old (Payne), not too mention our young bench to boot. As of this season we may not threaten for more that a playoff berth, but down the road, if we can manage to keep this core together, I could see this lineup get very dangerous, very quickly.

You are no risky GM. Is it virtue or defect?

- Not being a risky GM is probably an understatement. Thinking back, our franchise may have only made three major deals: one sending Michael Carter-Williams to LAC for picks, one acquiring Avery Bradley for Willie Cauley-Stein, and the third receiving Deron Williams for Terran Petteway. Furthermore, if I recall correctly, these opportunities were proposed to us. I believe that our lack of moves through the years can be attributed to our seemingly success in the 2014-2015 Draft. Other than lucking into the first overall pick (Jabari Parker), we landed James Young at 13 and Adreian Payne at 30. With our belief that these three young talents could round into stalwarts at their position, we really haven't felt the need to make many moves. Though we may not be title contenders in the immediate present, we think we really got something here with this young rotation. As far as this lack of movement being a virtue or defect, I don't think that you can truly evaluate that question until we see what this core (if they end up staying together) can do in the long run.

How do you think will be Jabari Parker in the future? MVP?

- As for Jabari, I think he is a special talent, but he's not without his flaws. When drafting him at number one, we knew quite well that he would not be a top tier defenseman. However, his ability to score big appeared to be a lock and that kind of talent doesn't appear every season. Do I think that he could contend for a scoring title along the way? Yes. Though, do I think he could be an MVP? I think that comes down to how the team performs. If he can bring us to another level and score us into a top record in the conference, there could be an outside chance. But I also believe that this league values defense highly, and rightfully so. With that being said, that league wide mentality might hinder Jabari from attaining that coveted accolade.

Thanks for the questions man! Great work on the survey articles, good stuff!

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Re: Goikiri with...StOfTheStep

Post by GreenBear »

Who would waste their time interviewing this loser?

StOfTheStep
Senior Vice President

Post by StOfTheStep »

GreenBear wrote:Who would waste their time interviewing this loser?
I notice that you didn't get interviewed yet, guess somebody's jealous since nobody cares what he thinks...

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Lmao the rivalry continues!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

dapralbe
Senior Vice President

Post by dapralbe »

Wow rivalty, my polemics with dennis are the children game compare with this lol

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

You should have seen what I was offering for WCS this off-season.......

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

The best offseason so far in my opinion. Really loved their draft and they kept their core intact.
Ball is Life.

Jaboo
General Manager

Post by Jaboo »

I do think you have been a bit too conservative and probably needed to be a bit more aggressive to secure more talent around Jabari and Co. It is a good team though that with a few more minor tweaks can really take off.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

I'm gonna team with Phoenix and lump on the Sixers :)

Us, Phoenix and others all were down at one point but we've all been proactive and are much improved. Like Jaboo said, too conservative. This team should have been much better after this amount of time and the assets they had.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Jaboo wrote:I do think you have been a bit too conservative and probably needed to be a bit more aggressive to secure more talent around Jabari and Co. It is a good team though that with a few more minor tweaks can really take off.
You have a Superstar in Parker. Surround him with the right pieces and you will win 50+ games IMO

I'm not gonna comment on your off season moves because I'm not sure how it will turn out. But if I was you, I would S&T Deron Williams instead of letting him walk for nothing and pick up more assets.

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

While the 76ers development may have been slow, I believe it was done the right way.

Let's see how the FA goes from your side but if you manage to bring back your key players + 1/2 additional good signing, your team should be able to step to the next level.

Regarding your non-risk taking assumption, I would say the opposite. You stick to your guys and didn't go the easy way to blow your team out to try to win now. Plus you drafted 2 30's guys last draft :D
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

StOfTheStep
Senior Vice President

Post by StOfTheStep »

bt wrote:I'm gonna team with Phoenix and lump on the Sixers :)

Us, Phoenix and others all were down at one point but we've all been proactive and are much improved. Like Jaboo said, too conservative. This team should have been much better after this amount of time and the assets they had.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion... except Phoenix, of course.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

:D

What a shame you two are not in the same division.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

8timechamp wrote:
Jaboo wrote:I do think you have been a bit too conservative and probably needed to be a bit more aggressive to secure more talent around Jabari and Co. It is a good team though that with a few more minor tweaks can really take off.
You have a Superstar in Parker. Surround him with the right pieces and you will win 50+ games IMO

I'm not gonna comment on your off season moves because I'm not sure how it will turn out. But if I was you, I would S&T Deron Williams instead of letting him walk for nothing and pick up more assets.
S&Ts are only good for the team acquiring the player if he wants the player to come with a 5 year deal instead of 4. And I doubt anyone wants Deron on a five year deal :p
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Time to take the next step to continue your momentum heading into next season. May be time to consolidate but you're now faced with the task of now deciding whether to spend or not and who to spend it on.

I think Noel will be the first causality.

You've done a great job with the team and Jabari Parker is the goods!

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

StOfTheStep
Senior Vice President

Post by StOfTheStep »

Marcos_Beck wrote:
8timechamp wrote:

S&Ts are only good for the team acquiring the player if he wants the player to come with a 5 year deal instead of 4. And I doubt anyone wants Deron on a five year deal :p
My thoughts exactly.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I would disagree. The free sgent is always more likely to return to their home team so as long as the money is reasonable and the other team wants to get a player that may not have the cap or increase their odds of signing that player a sign and trade makes a lot.of sense.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Probably asked and forgot, what does your name StOfTheStep mean?

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

StOfTheStep
Senior Vice President

Post by StOfTheStep »

WillyJakkz wrote:Probably asked and forgot, what does your name StOfTheStep mean?

One of my favorite throwback Disney Channel movies: The Luck of the Irish.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

StOfTheStep wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:Probably asked and forgot, what does your name StOfTheStep mean?

One of my favorite throwback Disney Channel movies: The Luck of the Irish.
I would pay good money to watch you attempt to Irish Step Dance. Might even part with Wiggins to see that.