League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Goikiri with...Jestor

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Re: Goikiri with...Jestor

Post by OneNole »

Chilikonkarne wrote:Dunno the NLL guys so cannot really comment.
But Brett has currently the worst record as active GM (19-91) so he better step-up next year if he wants to deserve that award :D
Nope, i promise to lose plenty next year too!

But zi am shockedx shocked that Tim still doesnt recognize the talent of philly. I kid i kid but when i switched from philly to orlando philly was able to make it to the playoffs with no gm.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Jaboo wrote:I agree and disagree with Dennis in regards to the rookies coming in and averaging a lot. Occasionally there is a rookie that comes in and becomes a star right away. Maybe Smart was one, hard to say. But rookies don't always come in and be as raw as our past two #1s have been. This past draft in the NBA is a prime example of that where Towns averaged 18 and 10 behind great fg% and Okafor also put up very impressive numbers. Andrew Wiggins averaged 17, Bennett was a bust but that was a very bad draft. Year before we had Anthony Davis who was very impressive his rookie year. So there is no question these CSL drafts have been very weak for ready now talent recently and I am hopeful Marcos takes that into account and tries to mimic the NBA a bit more where some drafts will be deep and have a few ready stars and other drafts being pathetic.

As for the interview, very insightful. Enjoyed reading it a lot. I couldnt argue with much other then the top GMs area as I have only been in the league and rather briefly at that.
It's an engine, you cant copy the NBA. Smart and Wiggins both have been ready now guys, Wiggins on the defensive end, Smart on the other side of the court. Same goes for Anderson, team just didnt have a GM to put him into the right spot. I just hope Marcos doesnt pull a Myles. That would be a huuuuge setback for the entire league. However, the problem is, steals and busts are nearly impossible in DDS. At least as long as their shooting ratings are reasonable rated (Lavine's aren't). Even Jokic will still hit his fullpotential, he just needs some more time than others.
I know you are disappointed by Layman, because he's nothing more than a fifth starter, but if you take a look behind that fact, you can see many future HOF coming in the league the last 3-4 years.

Also, something you cant know.. There is always a training camp right after the draft. So the draft head has to keep that in mind and has to caclulate around +5 on all actual ratings because most players improve by 5 during TC in their major categories. That's why some are pretty rawr as they didnt develop. An example for that is Embiid, he didnt improve much.
For example Christian Wood jumped ~50 points in his first TC.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Jaboo
General Manager

Post by Jaboo »

Dennis wrote:
Jaboo wrote:I agree and disagree with Dennis in regards to the rookies coming in and averaging a lot. Occasionally there is a rookie that comes in and becomes a star right away. Maybe Smart was one, hard to say. But rookies don't always come in and be as raw as our past two #1s have been. This past draft in the NBA is a prime example of that where Towns averaged 18 and 10 behind great fg% and Okafor also put up very impressive numbers. Andrew Wiggins averaged 17, Bennett was a bust but that was a very bad draft. Year before we had Anthony Davis who was very impressive his rookie year. So there is no question these CSL drafts have been very weak for ready now talent recently and I am hopeful Marcos takes that into account and tries to mimic the NBA a bit more where some drafts will be deep and have a few ready stars and other drafts being pathetic.

As for the interview, very insightful. Enjoyed reading it a lot. I couldnt argue with much other then the top GMs area as I have only been in the league and rather briefly at that.
It's an engine, you cant copy the NBA. Smart and Wiggins both have been ready now guys, Wiggins on the defensive end, Smart on the other side of the court. Same goes for Anderson, team just didnt have a GM to put him into the right spot. I just hope Marcos doesnt pull a Myles. That would be a huuuuge setback for the entire league. However, the problem is, steals and busts are nearly impossible in DDS. At least as long as their shooting ratings are reasonable rated (Lavine's aren't). Even Jokic will still hit his fullpotential, he just needs some more time than others.
I know you are disappointed by Layman, because he's nothing more than a fifth starter, but if you take a look behind that fact, you can see many future HOF coming in the league the last 3-4 years.

Also, something you cant know.. There is always a training camp right after the draft. So the draft head has to keep that in mind and has to caclulate around +5 on all actual ratings because most players improve by 5 during TC in their major categories. That's why some are pretty rawr as they didnt develop. An example for that is Embiid, he didnt improve much.
Again, just difference in opinion. It does appear that most of the rookies from 4 years ago have all reached theirpotentials but there have been a number of potential busts since that year. Obviously it is still early to know for sure.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Dennis wrote:

Great insight
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

@jaboo just play an offline league. When I did, I never noticed a player that didn't reach his potentials.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028