League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Pending Free Agents

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Re: Pending Free Agents

Post by Sun Scorched »

Marcos_Beck wrote:No Rose? Just because he'll be maxed at day one?
Haha. Holy cow. He's one of those you just assume will never be a free agent. I had no clue he was a FA!

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Sun Scorched wrote:
Marcos_Beck wrote:No Rose? Just because he'll be maxed at day one?
Haha. Holy cow. He's one of those you just assume will never be a free agent. I had no clue he was a FA!
He'll get a max on the very first day. Nobody is stealing him.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I think Westbrook, Curry, Durant, Howard, and Rose are locked to get the max. I could see Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Serge Ibaka, and possibly Otto Porter getting one too, but they're not locks by any stretch. Lots of good role players to be had here. I've got my eye on a few S&T targets

Rob
Senior Vice President

Post by Rob »

Steph is getting maxed

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

I'll never understand why someone max's a FA if we use the engine. The engine is programmed with basic math when it comes to free agency and contracts - as long as you offer a respectable contract, that 5th year will carry your monetary value, even at 80% of the max.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Dang, my guy Gorgui Dieng couldn't even make the "everybody else" list lol

Solid article, will be seeing what we can do in the FA market

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

lakeshowak7 wrote:I'll never understand why someone max's a FA if we use the engine. The engine is programmed with basic math when it comes to free agency and contracts - as long as you offer a respectable contract, that 5th year will carry your monetary value, even at 80% of the max.
When you have a RFA (Lillard) you can risk doing that. When you have a UFA you gotta max him. Can't let even a small window for him to leave, cause if he bolts, it's done, you've lost your best player.
1M per year isn't worth the risk
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

lakeshowak7 wrote:I'll never understand why someone max's a FA if we use the engine. The engine is programmed with basic math when it comes to free agency and contracts - as long as you offer a respectable contract, that 5th year will carry your monetary value, even at 80% of the max.
I maxed Thad Young because I expected other teams to offer him one and I wasn't taking any chances. I don't remember but I think another team did offer him a max contract when he was only asking for roughly $12.5M. I wasn't going to lose an all star caliber guy over $2M so I went ahead and maxed him out.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

BizGilwalker wrote:
I maxed Thad Young because I expected other teams to offer him one and I wasn't taking any chances. I don't remember but I think another team did offer him a max contract when he was only asking for roughly $12.5M. I wasn't going to lose an all star caliber guy over $2M so I went ahead and maxed him out.
Was probably me. I did the same thing with Monroe and the Pistons the year before.

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

BizGilwalker wrote:

Unless you offered him 2 million per year that 5th year will outweigh the difference every single time. The engine is coded quite simply.

dapralbe
Senior Vice President

Post by dapralbe »

Durant will play in new york lol

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

Jestor wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:
Was probably me. I did the same thing with Monroe and the Pistons the year before.
You did it too with Kawhi :D
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)