League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Clippers Add Defense, Versatility

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
HiGrade
General Manager

Post by HiGrade »

"Granger, Collison for T.Jones

Los Angeles, CA: Clippers fans wake up to yet another trade this morning. Just a few hours after the Klay & Lee acquisition was officially approved by the league, the franchise came to another agreement. This time with the Houston Rockets. Negotiations have been consistent with Houston for quite some time now, but as soon as the trade for Klay was complete, the team upped the ante with the Rockets in order to get the deal done. While some might consider it an overpay, the Clippers organization is very happy. Granger was hated amongst both management and teammates. Everyone thought he dragged the team down tremendously with his ugly shooting. Collison is the player who will be missed the most, as the team currently has no one legitimate as a backup point. The official trade sent Houston Danny Granger, Darren Collison, & Denver's 2014 1st in exchange for Terrence Jones & Isaiah Canaan.

While some may be confused as to why Terrence, the Clippers & Doc Rivers seem to have their reasons. He is only 21 years old and should have some decent defensive potential left. He won't be an offensive force, but that isn't needed with Klay & Lawson providing majority of the scoring. The franchise just wanted to bring in a type of low usage "glue" player and if Terrence develops properly, they seem to have done just that. The most intriguing part could be the fact that Terrence will play both SF & PF, allowing Klay to put in a few minutes at his natural position. This trade brings the Clippers one step closer in having the roster they want. Don't be too surprised if we see another minor trade or two involving the future 1st round picks. There are still a few tweaks needed before this roster is set, but for now, they've been quite impressive in making a claim for the division.
In need of a home

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Re: Clippers Add Defense, Versatility

Post by Sun Scorched »

There are only three players in the entire league with BLK/STL/DEF ratings like Jones' potential (based on what I see):

Dwight Howard
Anthony Davis
Terrence Jones

So Collison + 2014 1st isn't really an overpay, IMO, especially since you unloaded Granger (though he obviously isn't a bad contract, just poor %).

dapralbe
Senior Vice President

Post by dapralbe »

fantastic team that can have a lot of balance despite not having a pure center, gives a lot of dynamism to the clippers play what you want, there is much potential in this team. luck at work!

orangeparka
Senior Vice President

Post by orangeparka »

A late (at least at this point) first and some expendable role players ain't overpay at all IMO. I like Jones and think he can be a decent all-around guy especially defensively, though not a particularly strong rebounder or scorer. I actually think he and Faried will make a decent frontline despite being small.

Come to think of it, LAC will probably have the smallest lineup in the league by far. 6'7" Faried at C and 6'0" Lawson at SG. Should be fun to watch, I'm legit curious as to how it'll work out. Since all five guys are decent defenders I don't think there'll be too much downside.

BTW, just noticed you still have guys like Redick and Dudley even after all those trades. Damn such awesome depth lol.
CHARLOTTE HORNETS
Kris Dunn / Jordan Farmar / Jahii Carson
Bradley Beal / Michael Carter-Williams
Furkan Korkmaz / Rodney Hood / Danny Green
Clint Capela / Noah Vonleh / Brandan Wright / Taj Gibson
Jonas Valanciunas / Jordan Mickey / Robert Upshaw

Legacy (DENVER NUGGETS)
2013/2014: 55-27 (Lost in 2nd Round)
2014/2015: 52-30 (CSL Championship)

dapralbe
Senior Vice President

Post by dapralbe »

personally. redick and would like to see klay holder with thomson and ty lawson sixth man playing long pg / sg. I think dudley is an excellent reserve klay thomson

bestnamezRtaken
General Manager

Post by bestnamezRtaken »

It's a very interesting lineup and I'm also very curious to see how it works out for you guys.
/