League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

DeAndre Departs After Blake

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
HiGrade
General Manager

Post by HiGrade »

"DeAndre & Klay will face similar battles, but swap uniforms."

Los Angeles, CA - BREAKING NEWS out of LA today as the Clippers have struck a deal with another California team, the Golden State Warriors. The trade in full will have the Clippers ship out DeAndre Jordan, Jamal Crawford, & Matt Barnes in exchange for Klay Thompson, David Lee, & Jermaine O'Neal. In an alternate universe, the current Clippers GM was actually in Golden State and was well known for his infatuation with Klay, as he chose to ship out the other member of the Splash Brothers, Stephen Curry instead. This world is different, but Klay will still be lighting up the scoreboard for GM HiGrade.

After we saw Blake depart with Kobe for Denver, all duties fell on DeAndre to come up big in the paint. Now with the only true center on the roster being veteran Jermaine O'Neal, things might get a bit rough. While both forwards on the roster are a bit undersized, management seems confident either 6'7 Kenneth Faried or 6'9 David Lee can fill the void, if need be. If this squad plans on running up the pace and sprinting down the floor, they could be quite fun to watch with Faried at center. The franchise known as "lob city" might not be so dead after all. Regardless of what the lineup becomes, don't expect the trades to stop anytime soon. We fully expect the next players to be shipped out to be either Danny Granger or Darren Collison. It's obvious this roster is not yet finalized and to think they could only improve is fascinating. Be on the lookout for the first lineup test in Houston tomorrow.
In need of a home

orangeparka
Senior Vice President

Re: DeAndre Departs After Blake

Post by orangeparka »

I liked the move value-wise, and Klay, while not a good defender, is one of the best shooters in the game and should add a scoring punch along with Lee. It'll be interesting to see how the team does without a real center, but the team still has some pieces and there are some moves you can make.

I would've tried to flip Lee somewhere for a center but that's definitely easier said than done.
CHARLOTTE HORNETS
Kris Dunn / Jordan Farmar / Jahii Carson
Bradley Beal / Michael Carter-Williams
Furkan Korkmaz / Rodney Hood / Danny Green
Clint Capela / Noah Vonleh / Brandan Wright / Taj Gibson
Jonas Valanciunas / Jordan Mickey / Robert Upshaw

Legacy (DENVER NUGGETS)
2013/2014: 55-27 (Lost in 2nd Round)
2014/2015: 52-30 (CSL Championship)

HiGrade
General Manager

Post by HiGrade »

Definitely wish I could have but it was hectic just trying to pry away Klay so I settled. Really wanted to get Bogut, would have made things a lot easier but that wasn't happening. In my mind, Lee will eventually become the 6th man. We just have to make a few more moves to get there first. Still debating on if I should play Lawson off the bench or not so Klay can be in the backcourt. I just don't like my 2 guards to have low defense & steals, I consider PG/SG to be crucial defensively. For now we'll probably have to settle with Klay at SF.
In need of a home

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Klay at SF isn't a bad option to "settle for" lol.

I think he's definitely adequate enough defensively to get the job done while his offense can actually be a defense as well considering he'll likely keep other teams SF's in foul trouble as they'll have a hard time guarding him as well.

I can see this team moving Paul or Lawson for a C before it's all said and done but by the trade deadline I see a Paul or Lawson Klay backcourt, one or the other.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Man I loved that "alternate universe" part hahaha

Nice move going forward. Klay is special.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Definitely an interesting set of moves you've made. Most probably keep the original Clipper core in tact but makes it interesting to see how this turns out.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Jake0890
General Manager

Post by Jake0890 »

I still would have kept Blake because a trio of Griffin, CP3, and Klay would have been dominant, but I guess we'll see how it turns out for you.
Washington Wizards
2013-2014: 56-26
2014-2015: 1-1