League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Five reasons to know the bad season of the bucks

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
goikiri
General Manager

Five reasons to know the bad season of the bucks

Post by goikiri »

Hard times to Milwaukee and goikiri. It is very hard to be the worst team in CSL when he was the first GM to win new CSL. Goikiri made this scheme for explaining the bad situation of his team :

1- Injuries

Since the arrival of new players (Monroe & McDaniels) only in one game the big 4 (Clarkson, Klay McD and Monroe) were healthy 100% (win over Boston). Now, When Clarkson was recovered end of January, Monroe has broken wrist for one month. So, it is really impossible to maintain consistency.

2- Change of GM

The last GM Dylan left a very young team with a lot of people in frontcourt positions. For backcourt and SF positions only 4 players was used (Burton, Tim Hardaway Jr, Powell and Wells). I would have liked to participate in free agents period, although probably I would wrong but I had spent more money to sign better players.

3- The trades

At the start of the season the team was balanced but when I accepted the offer to blackice and I adquired McDaniels and Plumlee, the structure of depth charts changed. Even more with the exit of Valanciunas for Monroe. Cannan advanced to second PG in the roster but we played without third guard, very important thing, because when Clarkson falled, we we can not use anybody as backup point guard.

4- Signs&cuts

A disaster. we only successful in hiring Cannan. Perhaps, Crowder could bring some quality minutes but the rest of players do not provide the defense ability that they presupposed.

5- Philosophy

More changes here too. With the team without trades, ball movement was the default set offense to find Klay's shoots. With current roster, we don't know what to do. We haven't defenders in starting lineup, so the defensive intensity and full court defense can't be more than 5. Select zone defense not is the solution because a lot of teams have a shooter man in the five starters. We wait to the recovery of Monroe for to make conclusions; but, really it is a big problem.

Jaboo
General Manager

Re: Five reasons to know the bad season of the bucks

Post by Jaboo »

I hope you turn it around... but not until the 2019 season.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

You have some pieces but definitely need an upgrade at PG.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I agree with Dennis here.
I'd love to see you go with:

PG: Payne (#1 overall maybe?)
SG: Clarkson
SF: Thompson
PF: Monroe
C: Plumlee

That team meshes incredible well and would take the very best out of every player. Very young squad with room to grow and CAP space to operate, and you are a DDS mastermind so you can make they play well enough for a playoff spot.
This team with high post would be a thing of beauty to watch.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

Agree with Marcos - you add some depth in the bench and you have a run for the playoffs next year
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)