League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

G Tyrone Wallace Re-Called By Wizards

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

G Tyrone Wallace Re-Called By Wizards

Post by NanashiWake »

G Tyrone Wallace has dipped his toes into the pool of stardom with his recent stint in the D-League, he quickly become a force to be reckoned with against weaker competition. He says he now has a chance to prove himself at the top level by being re-called to the Wizards main roster last night.
It was an amazing experience. I've never done so many media meets and interviews. I can't lie it felt good, but I have to re-focus and get my head back in the game and prove that I belong in the CSL for an entire career. I'm just 20 years old, I have a lot left to prove. I'm ready for the challenge.
Wizards G Tyrone Wallace
Wallace impressed many CSL scouting staffs while playing 10 games in the Development League. He put up averages of 17.6ppg - 10.8rpg - 9.7apg, coming up just short of averaging a triple-double. He continued on explaining a new role for the team.
Coach (George Karl) sat me down the other day and told me the plans he has for me this time around. We are going to be focusing on crashing the boards for every single shot on offense. Which I feel sits right up my alley of skillsets. It's an exciting thought and I think we can pull it off.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Re: G Tyrone Wallace Re-Called By Wizards

Post by andrei »

Good players Wallace and he showed he can play in the big league during Wall's absence. Doesn't look like you have a good role for him though
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

He is showing interesting statistics but you need to work on his preferences because 31% shooting is just too weak...
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

FG% is really killing it.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

We all knew that he would play amazing down in the D-League but like others have said, preference work is necessary.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Well... Everyone knew how Wallace would dominate competition.
He can board and pass, defend some, create contact, slide between 1 and 2.. That all is worth a ticket in CSL so he had no business in lower level competition specially for a team looking for a last push for maybe division crown.

But that experience at D-League might bring some good (or not, depends on how you see it) points.
He knocked down 39% of his 3s on 3 attempts per game. That leaves the question.. Can he shoot, or was it a fluke?
Looking at his numbers so far his 3pt numbers for the year are terrible, but he might be a good shooter lacking consistency, or shooting way too much attempts (in general, as he mainly player when Wall was out).

So it's up to you figuring out how to improve his FG. 40% in D-League was only 1% better than his downtown numbers there, so that must give you some things to think about while trying to find a way to improve his efficiency.

Which way to go? I dunno what's best, you'll probably figure it out. Use the numbers well and see if it works or not. I'll certainly be watching as he's a very interesting player!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Post by NanashiWake »

Very good point man, didn't even notice he shot that well from downtown in the D-League, I thought he'd be around 10% Lol. It's something that's not going to happen over the span of his rookie season, it'll determine how long his CSL career lasts imo.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]