League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Tolliver leaves Charlotte

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Jamal
General Manager

Tolliver leaves Charlotte

Post by Jamal »

TOLLIVER LEAVES CHARLOTTE

In a quiet move made between the Rockets and the Hornets, Tolliver was sent packing to Houston to pair with big man Dwight Howard. A big men who can hit the outside shoot, Anthony will sure be a nice fit next to the big fella in their goal to make some noise in the always tough western conference.

Meanwhile the Hornets get a 2016 HOU 2nd round pick back in return for a player that was barely in the plans for this season, and with an expiring contract, so I think both teams got what they needed in this simple but yet interesting move.

Later in the day, the hornets also announced the acquisition vía free agency of Solomon Alabi for the remainder of the season, in order to fill the 5th frontcourt position guy left open by Tolliver.

With all this early in the season moves, the Hornets now have 5 1st round and 6 2nd round picks in the coming next three seasons. Not bad for a young roster that the one we have, with two 20 year old guys starting for us and a 23 year old Kemba running the show.
2013/14: 57-25 (69.5%) 3rd in the East
2014/15: 23-26 (46.9%)

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Re: Tolliver leaves Charlotte

Post by andrei »

Good deal. I like Tolliver as a shooting big man but you are doing well accumulating all of them picks
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Jake0890
General Manager

Post by Jake0890 »

It's always a good move to pickup a 2nd rounder for a bench warmer. And you easily replaced him in FA.
Washington Wizards
2013-2014: 56-26
2014-2015: 1-1

Jamal
General Manager

Post by Jamal »

I hate not using players that are worth a try. I like Tolliver, but he wasn't in our future plans, and preffered to give minutes to Zeller and Patterson, (and Biyombo at C), so there were no minutes for him.
I love shooters though, and Tolliver can help open the floor given the minutes, so I think it was best for both us and him to let him go. I got a 2nd in return, so I think it was a good move for both teams.
2013/14: 57-25 (69.5%) 3rd in the East
2014/15: 23-26 (46.9%)