League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Magic Fanatic! Magic Kingdom Moves

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Magic Fanatic! Magic Kingdom Moves

Post by WillyJakkz »

With the 2013-2014 CSL season underway and with a new GM at the helm to lead the team into a new era, the Orlando Magic made a few trades to take steps to start the movement towards what is described by GM WillyJakkz as, "Reaching back into our franchise history's success to excel in the future, a future which begins now".

And just like that, the new GM made no qualms about moving his win now veteran players such as Team Captain and longest tenured Magician Jameer Nelson to a winning situation out of respect for all the years of service to the Miami Heat in exchange for several players highlighted by PG Norris Cole, while Arron Afflalo was sent to Atlanta for another young PG Dennis Schroeder.

Norris Cole
Dennis Schroeder

Also in the biggest move of the young season, the Magic sent franchise bigman Nikola Vucevic (who was the centerpiece acquired in the Dwight Howard trade) and youngster Tobias Harris who has shown flashes of potential to the Toronto Raptors for C Jonas Valanciunas and GF Terrence Ross, two young players who have been scouted to show great potential.

Jonas Valanciunas
Terrence Ross
These were some moves we felt we needed to make to not only give us a jumpstart with the type of players we felt we wanted to have to build around, namely Jonas who is a very good looking two way player according to our scouts and his gameplay as well, but also Terrence was a guy we were enamored with due to his defensive ability and his shooting ability and we were intrigued with the idea of adding them next to a Victor Oladipo as our future franchise players to gear towards a young cohesive defensive unit that'll also be able to put some points up on the board in due time... We also moved approximately $32M in total committed salary for the next two years by trading Jameer and Arron while taking back about $10M in committed salary for this season and around $4M for next season which'll give us lots of room in 2014 for Free Agency, approximately $40M if we choose to go that route along with our draft picks so we've got great options and I really like where we're sitting... The winning part will come and my competitive nature is certainly being tested but it's a long road and we're willing to take this journey as we knew it would be a long road once losing a player with the impact a Dwight Howard had but I like where we stand as a franchise moving ahead... We've got some young PG's in Norris and Dennis who'll be able to have a bigger or different role here and they're excited about getting started, especially the rookies like Dennis and Victor and they look forward to the challenge...
Last edited by WillyJakkz on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Re: Magic Kingdom Moves

Post by Cyrisnyte »

Love the move for Jonas. I have always been a fan of his and I think with the right direction, he can be a very solid player. Nicely done!
Harrison -- Young --- ZDK --- AA --- WCJ
Duval -- O'Neale -- Okeke -- Reid -- N'Diaye

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

No Fan of Cole. At least my bad-brad shows me has no potentials left. Also I like Nik more compared to JV. So it comes down to Ross developement. In my eyes Harris was a really solid SF with a bright Future. Good move to acquire Dennis :p
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

A flurry of moves from Willy is not surprising. Remember in oCSL, people were down on a couple trades you made and they ended up working very well for you. Should be fun watching this Orlando team gel.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Jake0890
General Manager

Post by Jake0890 »

You acquired 3 solid pieces in Schroeder, Ross, and Jonas, but I still hate that Cole trade. He's just not any good.

You're obviously planning for the future, but this Magic team is probably the worst team in the league, and don't take that the wrong way. You've got a long road ahead of you.
Washington Wizards
2013-2014: 56-26
2014-2015: 1-1

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Jake0890 wrote:You acquired 3 solid pieces in Schroeder, Ross, and Jonas, but I still hate that Cole trade. He's just not any good.

You're obviously planning for the future, but this Magic team is probably the worst team in the league, and don't take that the wrong way. You've got a long road ahead of you.
At least he has some assets. Me on the other hand... :roll:
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Dennis wrote:No Fan of Cole. At least my bad-brad shows me has no potentials left. Also I like Nik more compared to JV. So it comes down to Ross developement. In my eyes Harris was a really solid SF with a bright Future. Good move to acquire Dennis :p
Jake0890 wrote:You acquired 3 solid pieces in Schroeder, Ross, and Jonas, but I still hate that Cole trade. He's just not any good.

Cole was acquired as an inexpensive serviceable starting young stopgap PG who can transition to backup once Schroeder develops more and or Oladipo while also trimming Jameer and his salary from the roster plus sending Meer to a contender.

And yeah the road is gonna be extra long, I have a 3-5yr plan and hope I have the patience to implement it and stay the course for the entire process. 8-)

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams