League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Upset of the Playoffs

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
blackice
Chairman of the Board

Upset of the Playoffs

Post by blackice »

In a surprising turn of events the Mighty Bulls led by Rhoxxy pull off a huge win, perhaps the biggest in the franchises history. The last time this team won a title was under Marco's and it seems like the residuale impact that the now Philly GM had on the franchise has rubbed off. The bulls have a monster backcourt and have turned Ja Morant into a #1 scoring option and Davion Mitchell might be the best two way guard in the league - even better than Little. What a win, but man if this team clicking, Their forecourt isn't sexy, but they rebound, board and protect the paint. Not only that this team has Tyrese Maxey waiting in the proverbial wings and have their own 1st & the Knicks 1st. This is a dynasty in the making, and ironically Bender was drafted by the Heat if I'm not mistaken.

We will be following closely, particularly the POR/DEN series....

In our opinion the Heat made a mistake trading Simmons, and now that we have their 1st next season who knows what it ends up netting us. On the other end the Heat have our 1st but if we can stack this season, learn from our loss to ATL and come stronger next season who knows where our pick ends up.

I'll leave my analysis here. Nice to see the Bulls back and the East is going to be a problem for us for years to come. Our 4 year plan to win a title starts now.
Ball is Life.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Re: Upset of the Playoffs

Post by mgtr81 »

blackice wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:47 am The last time this team won a title was under Marco's
I think the second Bulls title was with Rhoxx, if I remember correctly. Well, this is what the playoffs are all about: matchups. Overall, the Heat are more talented, but the Bulls match up really well against them. Actually, Silo already said that before the series started.
ImageImageImageImageImage

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Yeah fair enough mgtr81, I agree. The Heat were a regular season monster so it's surprising all the same. Great work nonetheless.
Ball is Life.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

blackice wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:19 pm Yeah fair enough mgtr81, I agree. The Heat were a regular season monster so it's surprising all the same. Great work nonetheless.
its not surprising because nothing is 100% in the playoffs. lets say the average favorite is 75% to win. The nets and celtics skew that number up.

Even at a very high 75% the chances that every favorite advances to the 2nd round is... 10%

It was probably the upset of these playoffs but ive seen worse upsets in previous years.

Chi will prob have a tough time against strong defensive teams, but i could see them beating the celtics and cavs, if the cavs can take down the nets. An unlikely road but one upset down 2 more to go and they are in the finals.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Silogical wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:13 am
blackice wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:19 pm Yeah fair enough mgtr81, I agree. The Heat were a regular season monster so it's surprising all the same. Great work nonetheless.
its not surprising because nothing is 100% in the playoffs. lets say the average favorite is 75% to win. The nets and celtics skew that number up.

Even at a very high 75% the chances that every favorite advances to the 2nd round is... 10%

It was probably the upset of these playoffs but ive seen worse upsets in previous years.

Chi will prob have a tough time against strong defensive teams, but i could see them beating the celtics and cavs, if the cavs can take down the nets. An unlikely road but one upset down 2 more to go and they are in the finals.
::looks down at notepad during press conference and raises hand:: You mentioned the Cavs possibly beating the Nets. Could you provide more detail sir how such an upset could occurs? We could take this off the record of course :lol:
Cleveland Cavaliers

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

drumr wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:56 am

::looks down at notepad during press conference and raises hand:: You mentioned the Cavs possibly beating the Nets. Could you provide more detail sir how such an upset could occurs? We could take this off the record of course :lol:
One way to beat the nets have a star go nuts, you have a star that has gone nuts before.

Another way to beat the nets is to shoot over their twin towers. You have some good shooters.

looking at the remaining teams you could be the best shot to take out the nets. not to jinx you.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

drumr wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:56 am
Silogical wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:13 am

My only tip is play Porter against their weakest defender. GL I see it going 6 games.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

That's always the play lol we need a feel out game though so lets see how it goes.
Cleveland Cavaliers