League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Thunder begin season 3-0

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
lakeshowak7
CEO

Thunder begin season 3-0

Post by lakeshowak7 »

(Kevin Durant dunks the ball in the first half against the Timberwolves)

Oklahoma City - Amidst a flurry of changes to the entire organization, the Oklahoma City Thunder have started the season 3-0. More importantly, the Thunder came away last night with a 25 point win at home against the team labeled as a "contender" by many GM's following the blockbuster deal between the Thunder and the Timberwolves.

"We love what Rh0xxy is doing over there in Minnesota, but we really wanted this win. We wanted to shut up the naysayers, the ones who claim we took a step back, while the Timberwolves became serious contenders and it's early, but we did. A statement game for us, despite Russ (Westbrook) getting hurt in the 2nd quarter," "AK" said.

The Thunder have started off hot behind the stellar play of Kevin Durant who is averaging 35 points, 10 rebounds, almost 6 assists per game and nearly 3 steals per game.

"Coach told us it was time to go from the beginning of the season and that's what we are doing. Every night is a step we must conquer until we hold that trophy," Kevin Durant said following the win against Minnesota.

The Thunder have 2 days off before a home game against the Celtics. Look for the Thunder to continue to add to their hot start as both Kevin's and Ricky Rubio continue to develop chemistry together.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Re: Thunder begin season 3-0

Post by GreenBear »

Well done in the anticipated matchup against the T-Wolves. I would've liked to see what the final score would have been had WB stayed healthy (it was close until the second quarter, presumably when WB went down). While Love and Rubio didn't necessarily have gaudy stats, I think you were absolutely right when I think you said a couple days ago that the trade allowed Durant to get all of the looks he needs to flourish (without WB stealing some away). Man did Durant go off. More impressive was that you still won by so many points even with an off shooting night from Love. He's only going to get better from here on out.

tokyojordan
General Manager

Post by tokyojordan »

Wow, love your team. Probably the title favorites as long as Durant and Love stay healthy.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Congrats, your team is doing outstanding.

Also it just occurred to me that one reason you traded Westbrook so quickly is due to his injury concerns, also man enough to admit I was definitely wrong about your team DEF, thought you'd miss Ibaka for sure.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I still think keeping Ibaka would've been so beneficial to KD. Still your D is playing great without him and your team is playing amazing basketball!

We know chemistry plays a role in DDS3 so your team will only get better and better, though I still think that, to be considered early favorite to win it all (IMO), you really need a better, defensive minded C, a real rim protector. That's key to stop my early favorites for the rings, Miami Heat.

Nice to see we both started the season playing good basketball while making some changes. Future looks bright for both of us :)
Best of luck through the season!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Thank you fellas, hopefully we avoid the injury bug and continue to gel. It's obvious Durant won't keep these numbers up, but id like to see him become efficient - same with Love.

And Willy, you are absolutely right. In oCSL despite how talented Westbrook was, he always seemed to catch some kind of injury. I don't know if that will be the case here, but it wasn't a gamble I was willing to take whatsoever.

I'm not too worried about having a true rim protector right now until a team truly beats us because we don't have one. Our team is rated well enough defensively through my 8th man in my rotation to make up for that. Besides Love is a beast on the defensive glass and that also attributes to "rim protection."

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Yeah DRB is a part of defense that tends to be overlooked.

Well great job putting that team together in one move, amazing and very realistic. Good luck man, your Thunder are taking the League by storm.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I think this was an expected start for the Thunder and your team will continue to roll to 59-63 wins on the year no problem.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

You started with a team ready to win the championship from day one without any changes and DDS3 has shown it helps to have a star in Durant so you are already title favorites no matter what you did. Its too early to say whether the trade worked out and I would have loved it for you guys if you had managed to keep Ibaka and just acquire Rubio instead of moving Ibaka for Love, but either way you're team is going to be one of the top teams in the league. Good luck the rest of the way though.

Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Post by Cyrisnyte »

KD, Rubio and Love...that is a dream big 3 to have. Hopefully Durantulla avoids the injury bug that seems to plague him in these leagues.
Harrison -- Young --- ZDK --- AA --- WCJ
Duval -- O'Neale -- Okeke -- Reid -- N'Diaye

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Love just tortured me last night for asking if he's a good fit, haha. Good Start, was pain to meet you guys :)
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028