League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

6th seed a lock?

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

6th seed a lock?

Post by Andrewu91 »

With six games remaining, the New York Knicks are up two games on the Bucks. It's a certain surprise since the Bucks when healthy can compete with anyone. So when I hear we are 2 games up(3 with tie breaker,) it's seeming more like the Knicks will secure the 6th seed in the tough East.

On paper, this team has the talent to win 50 games. Unfortunately Injuries all year and Luka Doncic missing 20+ games, the 6th seed seems like a good seed to be. Either Boston or Philly will most likely face the Knicks. Knicks have been keeping their eye on both teams and want a rematch with Dennis in the first round.

So with that said, it will depend on matchups. If the Celtics start losing, the Knicks will try to lose and hopefully win the play in game to face the Heat in the first round.

Luka Doncic will be back by game 4 in the series. The feeling against any matchup is to keep the series close and wait for the return.

Anyway, the East is tough and any of the playoff teams can win it all. With that said, let's hope everything falls in favor for the Knicks, so we can start winning again(9-1 since trading for Bradley, before Injuries.)
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Re: 6th seed a lock?

Post by andrei »

You are probably looking at one more win to lock it? Atlanta and Milwaukee have a chance but schedules are tough and Brown out was a big blow
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Yeah with so little games left, 3 games to 5th and 7th should be a safe bet.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Yeah 1 more win to lock it with the tie breaker. I might start resting players asap to be honest. Never know these days. Just hope the dominoes fall my way and we can make round 1 a competitive series.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

It's yours, at least as far as I'm concerned. Once Embiid came back and I realized we didn't have what it takes to win the title, I'm just using this last stretch of the season to test things. That's why Ingram has not played the last two games despite being healthy. We're focused in the offseason already. At this point, making it again until the second round or being out of the playoffs doesn't make much of a difference.

Edit: now I see Brown is out again.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

mgtr81 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:05 am It's yours, at least as far as I'm concerned. Once Embiid came back and I realized we didn't have what it takes to win the title, I'm just using this last stretch of the season to test things. That's why Ingram has not played the last two games despite being healthy. We're focused in the offseason already. At this point, making it again until the second round or being out of the playoffs doesn't make much of a difference.

Edit: now I see Brown is out again.
You guys are still contenders as far as I'm concerned. Giving up too early? Before you can make a final last hurrah and try winning 1 more time? East is still wide open.

secondroundbust
General Manager

Post by secondroundbust »

I hope you guys can do well and survive until Luka comes back. I'm excited to see how far into the playoffs he'll be able to take you!
All Time Record: 23-56

LAKERS RING OF HONOUR: