League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

March 20 Potential Boosts

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Re: March 20 Potential Boosts

Post by bt »

I have no problems with it. If he becomes the Jordan of the CSL and wins 6 straight championships or however many, so be it. This will be the era of Jovic if he ends up that good but will be a fun challenge to try and stop him I guess.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Nice boost. Now, this makes me want to showcase Maxey's scoring prowess, let's go to DL lol

Williams with that boost om that age is something, glad for him though.

Hawks was the biggest winner with two potential all star now, congrats Andre!
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

KW wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:56 pm
drumr wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:40 pm
GreenBear wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:22 pm
Re: Jovic… I said at the time he was drafted that I thought the draft team made a mistake with creating a guy so powerful. He’s already OP, and this boost is only going to exacerbate that. I could easily go on, but I’ve said my piece. What’s done is done.
He really really does seem gamebreaking. His stats with 90di 90iq will probably average 40/10. Don't wanna beat a dead horse but just amazed he wasn't #1. Ball/Jovic would have been nuts.
i'd hold the horses a little bit, his SCR still won't be anywhere near 80. think he now tops out around 73-75. he will be insanely good, but I don't ever foresee him scoring that much on a functional offensive team.

It's hilarious that he's getting a +5 on passing instead of rebounding, his passing might wind up the highest in CSL history iirc
Zion has 75 scoring and he's a monster. Just imagine a Zion with less rebounding but more of a passer. I can see Jovic averaging 30 points, 7 rebounds, 10 assists with 1-2 blk/stl a game.

Good for him though. Luka needs competition for best player.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

bt wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:33 pm I have no problems with it. If he becomes the Jordan of the CSL and wins 6 straight championships or however many, so be it. This will be the era of Jovic if he ends up that good but will be a fun challenge to try and stop him I guess.
The fun challenge to try and stop OP players for most teams is to tank. Tank for your own OP player. Every year 15 teams should be tanking. Luckily some teams just dont have the patience to tank so we rarely see 15 tankers, but one day we will.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Silogical wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:14 pm
bt wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:33 pm I have no problems with it. If he becomes the Jordan of the CSL and wins 6 straight championships or however many, so be it. This will be the era of Jovic if he ends up that good but will be a fun challenge to try and stop him I guess.
The fun challenge to try and stop OP players for most teams is to tank. Tank for your own OP player. Every year 15 teams should be tanking. Luckily some teams just dont have the patience to tank so we rarely see 15 tankers, but one day we will.
I don't think so.

From first hand experience I can say, to do a full rebuild you need a LOT of patience and the results show that only 1 out of 10 teams will luck into a generational player.

Some GM's will go this way and some will as always try to retool on the fly. Brett showed how you can do that with Denver, without hanging in the lottery for years.

I see it like BT and take it as a challenge to build a team which can compete with Jovic and his Hornets.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

I've no doubt some teams want to/try to tank but also some like the challenge or just enjoy building whatever they want.

He's not a cheat code.. yet haha and Hornets still need to build the right team around him. Like Zion and Luka, I think only Luka has been to a conference finals.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Flaming Homer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:52 am
Silogical wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:14 pm

I don't think so.

From first hand experience I can say, to do a full rebuild you need a LOT of patience and the results show that only 1 out of 10 teams will luck into a generational player.

Some GM's will go this way and some will as always try to retool on the fly. Brett showed how you can do that with Denver, without hanging in the lottery for years.

I see it like BT and take it as a challenge to build a team which can compete with Jovic and his Hornets.
Denver tanked for the #1 pick. Gant Bridges Silva Bolden and more are from tanking.

For every success story for not tanking there are 10 success stories for tanking.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

For me tanking is loosing on purpose. Don't think Denver did ever tank. Myles took the team over and wanted to build it his own way, he got lucky to snatch the #1 pick and drafted Tatum, a player who in your own words is the most overrated player in the league.
Tatum was used as the main trade piece with Phoenix to bring all this other guys on board. Bridges, Silva for Taylor and Gant for Shaq. Bolden was drafted outside the lottery.

So yeah, they needed a lucky pick to build all that, but there has to be some way that lower teams are able to stock up on talent. And especially GM less teams would not have any other way to acquire talent and would be totally uninteresting for new GM's if not for high picks.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

Jovic good.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

KW wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:20 pm Jovic :o

Maxey and Marshall are extremely scary too now, I believe Maxey's potential SCR is now up there with the best ever
Which aint good news if you shoot 37% :lol:
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Never have seen an older player like Tim Williams get a boost (or a non-rookie like CEV). Way to go Gabe Vincent…

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

I'm with Ryan and Andre here regarding Jovic. I like the challenge.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Back from the trip but I agree with the most. Let's enjoy the challenge of beating CSL's MJ and that's it!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns