League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Brian Schmitz Report: Mark Williams Late Rookie Of The Year Push

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

The Brian Schmitz Report: Mark Williams Late Rookie Of The Year Push

Post by WillyJakkz »

After a decent start to the CSL season averaging 11pts 9.4rebs and 2.5blks a game, rookie Mark Williams is now finding his way in the offense and perhaps making a late season push for Rookie of The Year.

A small sample size but after implementing another rookie Walker Kessler into the starting lineup 4 games ago to form a dual big post presence, C Mark Williams is now averaging 20pts 9.5rebs 2.4blks per game while shooting 58.4% from the field.

Mark Williams

"I'm just getting better looks and getting more assertive with the new lineup. I'm more confident now."

With roughly 12 games remaining it may be too little too late to catch the frontrunner CHA Hornets Nikola Jovic but the end of season run may be enough to sway some votes his direction.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: The Brian Schmitz Report: Mark Williams Late Rookie Of The Year Push

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Sorry, there's just no way anyone tops Jovic for ROY.
That said, Williams is developing very well for a pretty raw big man and will be a very dominant C in the future for sure. He's probably the second best player in the class..
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Agreed, future is bright in my opinion. We go way back Willy, Ball/Williams is a great foundation to build around and you have a ton of picks.
Ball is Life.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Agree with Marcos too. Williams would have been the best rookie in many classes, but not this year.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Flaming Homer wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:30 am Agree with Marcos too. Williams would have been the best rookie in many classes, but not this year.
I respectfully disagree. 11-9-2 in first year is solid but it's not like he's Ayton... and he missed the +10 boost. He would be a top 5 pick in any draft though.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Andrewu91 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:51 pm
Flaming Homer wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:30 am Agree with Marcos too. Williams would have been the best rookie in many classes, but not this year.
I respectfully disagree. 11-9-2 in first year is solid but it's not like he's Ayton... and he missed the +10 boost. He would be a top 5 pick in any draft though.
Valid point.

I would have taken him easily over Edwards or Okoro (don't read that Isaac, now you are balling!). And a year later maybe even over Alex, since he was sooo raw.