League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2031 All Star Rosters Announced

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: 2031 All Star Rosters Announced

Post by hardenwithnod »

Oops, I forgot we are only supposed to vote for our own conference. My bad lol
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

drumr wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:32 pm I totally missed that. Why the change?
We did it the first time last year. The idea is to make the game a little bit more competitive with GM's identifying themself more with their conference and their selected All Stars.
Not just selecting players for PPG but more like, "what team can beat the West's ass" ;-)

Not sure of that works so far.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Yeah I forgot too haha.

I like the idea but I reckon we need to drive home the fact that you pick a team to beat the other conference. Reckon we'd see some different selections not just based on stats.

But then you potentially ruin the All Star selection history if you sometimes pick for fit to win a game but that's probably minor.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

bt wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:52 am Yeah I forgot too haha.

I like the idea but I reckon we need to drive home the fact that you pick a team to beat the other conference. Reckon we'd see some different selections not just based on stats.

But then you potentially ruin the All Star selection history if you sometimes pick for fit to win a game but that's probably minor.
You start picking based on best fit and best players over just stats. IMO its a good thing it makes the game more strategic and not just an exhibition game. Stats are also pretty meaningless in the CSL. In the NBA they have meaning. if 8th graders played in the NBA theyd lose 200-0 no stats for any of them. in the CSL theyd lose 120-80 and 1 would put up all-star numbers.

Stats do have their place awards are all stats based zion with average teamates is MVP zion with an amazing teamates isnt.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Yeah agree
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I think we've had this debate several times about stats versus actual value added for the ASG, but I think it's a losing battle.

What about if each GM managing their conference in the ASG gets to select 1 (or 2) additional players that they feel would fill a need and round out the roster? Each all star team currently has 12 players, so there is room.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

GreenBear wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:29 pm I think we've had this debate several times about stats versus actual value added for the ASG, but I think it's a losing battle.

What about if each GM managing their conference in the ASG gets to select 1 (or 2) additional players that they feel would fill a need and round out the roster? Each all star team currently has 12 players, so there is room.
thats not a bad idea.

At the end of the day GMs can vote how they want to vote and the coach has to figure it out. For me id vote for simmons who has barely played over a stat padder on a bad team. Even though technically the stat padder is more "deserving" I want to see simmons not some scrub who will get exposed in an all-star game.