League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Season Preview

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Season Preview

Post by Andrewu91 »

Do you believe that a point guard/shooting guard can play small forward? How do you think he would fare? If his name was Luka, what would be your expectations?

Well going into this season, I have the same questions. Luka was moved to SF to have more opportunities with mismatches at the 4 or 5. Will he start there? Yes, eventually.

But what can you do with a better Yovel Zoosman? Well for me, I decided to surround him with playmaking, offensive rebounds and defense.

Going into this off season, I knew changes were needed after being eliminated by the Sixers. Even though I only had 22 games with Luka. It was pretty obvious the Knicks needed more to compete.

Going out:

Kendrick Nunn
Sharife Cooper
LJ Peak
Yovel Zoosman
Anthony Davis
Justin Anderson

Coming in:

Brandon McCoy
David Michineau
2nd round pick
Deng Adel
Oshae Brissett
Mamadou N'Diaye

The Knicks made some modest but some key changes. Bringing in Brandon McCoy and David Michineau will help Luka's misses and add another playmaker that the Knicks desperately needed.

Losing Justin Anderson hurts somewhat, but in return Deng Adel and Oshae Brissett should be key replacements.

Let's see what happens this season. Either the Knicks will spark the contenders debate, or they will be average...again.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Re: Season Preview

Post by Stockton12 »

you lost a bit of scoring with zoos and nunn , i think u could have gotten a better signing then deng adel , mCcoy hopefully will do great for you guys

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: Season Preview

Post by Andrewu91 »

Stockton12 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:13 pm you lost a bit of scoring with zoos and nunn , i think u could have gotten a better signing then deng adel , mCcoy hopefully will do great for you guys
Yeah zoos scoring and fouling people out were legit. But on the other side of the ball, he was average and took shots away from more deserving players with higher fg%.

Nunn also had some big games and is the perfect combo guard like Fultz. But another guy who took shots away.

I'm loading up on bigs, defense and letting "the man" be the man. Also, Bender can still give me 16ppg as 2nd option. I think our defense improved, even though on paper it seems like our offense took a hit.

But day 30 is my real 1st game of the season. So hoping these moves helped somewhat and I win more than 46 games and surprise some gm's this season.

Thanks for the reply.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson