League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Chicago signs Camby, Rudy

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Chicago signs Camby, Rudy

Post by Marcos_Beck »

CHICACO SIGNS CAMBY, RUDY

Rudy left one of the best Euro teams for a chance to start: will he prove he deserves it?

CHICACO, ILLINOIS:
The Chicago Bulls announced today the signs of two players: C Marcus Camby and G Rudy Fernandez. Per team politics, details of both deals were not revealed, but it's rumored to be a one year deal for the veterans minimum in both cases.

Fernandez, 28, leaves a star role at Real Madrid for a chance to start for a contender in the NBA. He holds career averages of 9.1 points, 2.2 assists, 1 steal and 36% from 3pt territory (1.7 3s made per game) in 249 NBA games (10 starts).

Camby, a 39 veteran with 17 years of service in the league, is a 6-11 center, once known for his blocking and rebounding ability. He holds career averages of 9.5 points, 9.8 rebounds and 2.4 blocks.

Fernandez and Camby have lots to prove in this league: Rudy needs to prove he's more than a shooter and can contribute consistently for an NBA team, while Camby needs to show the world his legs are young enough to let him play one more year.

"We needed another shooter off the bench, for sure.. We've been searching for one in the FA pool for a while.. There were few good names, but, Rudy was the one we liked most. Why? He's not only a shooter, he can create, can defend, and will do lots of other things besides being a spot-up shooter. We like his versatility and will be giving lots of opportunities to him. Marcus, even though he lost a bit of athleticism, he's a veteran presence, can board, block, play excellent D, cover spaces with his length. He's a nice option to have on our bench." Declared coach Thibs.

Chicago's roster now stands at 13 players. They're widely expected to release F Tornike Shengelia, though owner Jerry Reinsdorf is afraid of having to pay his salary if he's waived, so there are reports that say he's not allowing Bulls' Front Office to do so.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Re: Chicago signs Camby, Rudy

Post by Dennis »

Wanted fernandez based on his preferences. No need to change him anymore as he already likes racking up threes. If he now is able to hit them he will be a great steal and will be a great fit next to Rose. No idea how Camby looks like. No game access available.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Wanted Camby. He could have come to New York and actually played rather than rotting on the bench behind Noah, Gibson and Gasol. Hope he likes collecting DNPs in Chicago.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

One could argue that CHI is in a better spot for a title this year though!

Jake0890
General Manager

Post by Jake0890 »

I really wanted Camby as well, the way the signings were handled was just laughable. There was no reason to even try to claim, and we've never ever done first come first serve before.

Rudy is good as well, solid 3 point shooter.
Washington Wizards
2013-2014: 56-26
2014-2015: 1-1

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Rizzo wrote:Wanted Camby. He could have come to New York and actually played rather than rotting on the bench behind Noah, Gibson and Gasol. Hope he likes collecting DNPs in Chicago.
But he won't.
I won't ride my players a lot during regular season so Camby is going to play.
The same amount of minutes he'd get if he was at NY backing up Chandler

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

First of all BOO!!! for not a single mention of Rudy Fernandez joining his countryman and National team teammate Pau Gasol in the Windy City, and secondly I think Camby would easily choose Chicago over the Wiz or Knicks regardless of NY and or Maryland ties.

The Bulls are closer to a title than either of those two so it's pretty realistic to me unless he has low PFW and high Greed or PT ratings.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

WillyJakkz wrote:First of all BOO!!! for not a single mention of Rudy Fernandez joining his countryman and National team teammate Pau Gasol in the Windy City, and secondly I think Camby would easily choose Chicago over the Wiz or Knicks regardless of NY and or Maryland ties.

The Bulls are closer to a title than either of those two so it's pretty realistic to me unless he has low PFW and high Greed or PT ratings.
I don't remember it correctly but I think I signed Fernandez before acquiring Gasol.. But yeah I've never ever mentioned this so you can boo me as much as you want hahah
Promise next time I mention them in an article I'll mention the NT teammates thing!

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Yeah - all else equal, Camby goes ring chasing.