League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Do we keep them or not?

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Ramcus
CEO

Do we keep them or not?

Post by Ramcus »

Just wanted to inject some life into the forums. Here are some descriptions of Pelicans expiree's:

PG. David Stockton - He's quite honestly still a quality point guard. Slot him into a backup or 3rd string role, and he'll excel. He's definitely not worthy of the minutes he's getting here on the Pelicans, but a solid 10-15 minutes per game wouldn't hurt any team. Incredibly smart and efficient on offense, he doesn't take bad shots, and only ever make the right pass. I hope teams give him some serious consideration this summer, as his efficient offense is only an addition to any team.

PG. Aquille Carr - I probably like him more than you, but Carr's an electrifying point guard with a handle comparable to peak Allen Iverson. It's his lack of height that hurts him the most. At just 5'5, Carr's biggest flaw is defense, where he struggles massively. He's smart enough to reach in for about a steal a game, but it's not a correctable flaw. On the other side of the ball, Carr excels on offense, as he lets his handle create shots all inside the arc. He's an elite shot creator, smart enough to run a bench unit offense, and capable of creating his own shot at will. I'll probably be looking to resign him, as he's earned a soft spot in my heart. Elite enough to play winning basketball, I"ll be looking to keep him as my 3rd string point guard.

SG. Seth Curry - Elite. 3. Point. Shooting. That's what Curry brings to the table. Unfortunately, I don't think his 3 point shooting is elite enough to offset his complete lack of defense. Curry is 6'2", making him an undersized shooting guard. He's also quite a mediocre athlete, and as a result he struggles to keep up with even average CSL guards on defense. I think he'll always find a role on a roster as a spot up shooter, but his defense limits his court time. I won't be looking to resign him, unless I need someone to fill a roster spot. I don't value his shooting enough, as it is good but not elite.

SF. PJ Tucker - I know that his season averages look extremely poor, but don't let that keep you away from Tucker. He knows his role on offense, as he's not a shooter and he never will be. PJ Tucker is a winning player. Unfortunately, at age 33, Tucker is probably looking at his final years of competitive basketball. He might be signed to fill a roster spot next season, Tucker's had a fruitful career.

SF. Derrick Jones - If you want someone who's going to be a dunk contest participant, he's your guy. Otherwise, he's not good. Don't sign this guy.

SF. Tyrone Wallace - I know that in the previous engine, all-round players weren't as effective. But in this engine, these type of players are all the rage. As such, Wallace has become an effective player. Although inefficient, Wallace combines smart half-court creation with an all-round game, bang-average or slightly above average at everything. Besides 3 point shooting. But to be quite honest, I like him. I hope some teams give him some serious consideration, as he's sorta like a Mikal Bridges lite. He's started for me all season as well.

PF. Lauri Markkanen - Don't bother. I'm not renouncing him. I'm not giving up his bird rights. Not happening.

PF. Derrick Favors - He's quite honestly done much better since he's left Orlando, going up in efficiency. Here's just a side-by-side comparison:
Orlando Magic Derrick Favors: 40 Games Played | 23.6 MPG | 7.9 PPG | 6.5 RPG | 42.4% FG
New Orleans Pelicans Derrick Favors: 30 Games Played | 21.8 MPG | 9.5 PPG | 6.7 RPG | 45.3% FG

And that's it. Enjoy.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: Do we keep them or not?

Post by Andrewu91 »

Keep Lauri and let everyone else go.

Tyrone Wallace has hurt you I think. You had a winning record before signing him. He's been chucking you out of games.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Honestly I expect most of these guys to be gone, as I expect you to fully capitalize on your cap space to make a couple of big splashes for this upcoming free agency.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Yeah I think Lauri is the only keeper in that group. A couple of those guys could come back, but I think you could lose the rest and easily find equal talent on the scrap heap. Wallace is interesting, but too inefficient- he probably loses you more games than he wins you.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Stockton is interesting and has seen a value boost I this engine but I agree that you could probably let all but LM walk.