League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

He's Back...!

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

He's Back...!

Post by WillyJakkz »

The Orlando Magic trade lumbering PF Derrick Favors among other assets to the New Orleans Pelicans for its former Golden Child, Paul George and the Pelicans 2026 Top 5 Protected 1st Rd Pick.

The move came on the heels of Orlando acquiring Kansas not so much a kid Ben McLemore and the Celtics 2026 protected pick.

Orlando has been in a flux for SEASONS since George's departure although being highly talented. The appearance seems to be they are looking to set themselves up for a major move but it's been fairly mum in the Front Office as these moves have seem to come out of the blue despite on going talks for the eventually traded Hassan Whiteside and Derrick Favors.

It remains to be seen whether such a move can be pulled off at this time.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF J Isaac
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: He's Back...!

Post by emplep7 »

I wish PG never left ORL since it seems your team hasn't been the same since. Its a shame he's injured for a while so we won't get to see him in action right away, but that first was a good get to tack on with him and his contract.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

emplep7 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:13 pm I wish PG never left ORL since it seems your team hasn't been the same since. Its a shame he's injured for a while so we won't get to see him in action right away, but that first was a good get to tack on with him and his contract.
Yeah I was bored and traded him and the challenge has been difficult getting us to the Playoffs lol

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

And now Orlando has the worst contract in the league to get just a 1st Round pick... Gosh.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

emplep7 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:13 pm I wish PG never left ORL since it seems your team hasn't been the same since. Its a shame he's injured for a while so we won't get to see him in action right away, but that first was a good get to tack on with him and his contract.
This! He is in the right place now to finish his career.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Sharkn20 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:21 pm And now Orlando has the worst contract in the league to get just a 1st Round pick... Gosh.
Wrong team. Bledsoe was trade to Chicago.
Flaming Homer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:25 pm
Haha those were the old days with Paul George in Iso Offense

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:42 pm
Sharkn20 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:21 pm And now Orlando has the worst contract in the league to get just a 1st Round pick... Gosh.
Wrong team. Bledsoe was trade to Chicago.
Flaming Homer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:25 pm
Haha those were the old days with Paul George in Iso Offense
PG's contract isn't much better, awful trade. You should've got at the very least 2 1st round picks.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Getting this one Pels 1st is already a big plus imo.
The contract is far from good, but never was there a contract requiring 2 firsts to get traded. There is always use for someone like PG. And the last year it is a good expiring.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I like the deal for Orlando. Im a bit confused by both teams though. Orlando gonna have a tough time to resign jackson and co if im not totally wrong and Nola is flip flopping like legend tim back in his Lakers Days. I think you should stick to a plan
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Dennis wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:59 pm I think you should stick to a plan
I agree, I gotta be working on that.

Nobody was ever getting 2 first round picks from me.

Yeah, Bledsoes contract is probably worse at the moment, it's final 2 years are 2 years 40mil. That's insane.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

I mean, given their output this season, you could almost throw Embiid and Wiiggins into the worst-contracts in the league discussion. It's going to be tough for the Magic to build given the financial burdens they have. Getting draft picks is the right move though.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Dennis wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:59 pm I like the deal for Orlando. Im a bit confused by both teams though. Orlando gonna have a tough time to resign jackson and co if im not totally wrong and Nola is flip flopping like legend tim back in his Lakers Days. I think you should stick to a plan
cb4raptorscb4 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:58 am I mean, given their output this season, you could almost throw Embiid and Wiiggins into the worst-contracts in the league discussion. It's going to be tough for the Magic to build given the financial burdens they have. Getting draft picks is the right move though.
Yeah I definitely need the draft picks as I was limited to the types of moves I could make

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Yeah, contract wise your situation might be getting a little iffy, but that New Orleans future first could always pan out big if Marcus can't field a contending team for this offseason.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Orl didnt lose anything besides 2nd round picks in cap penalties. They can still re-sign JJ and Mitchell. I think Willy recognized cap space is overrated and capitalized on it.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Silogical wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:26 pm Orl didnt lose anything besides 2nd round picks in cap penalties. They can still re-sign JJ and Mitchell. I think Willy recognized cap space is overrated and capitalized on it.
Orlando has 9 players under contract for $85M next season. If Orlando doesn't clear more cap, they cannot match anything over $4M. I'm sure they can create that cap with other moves though.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

KW wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:56 pm
Silogical wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:26 pm Orl didnt lose anything besides 2nd round picks in cap penalties. They can still re-sign JJ and Mitchell. I think Willy recognized cap space is overrated and capitalized on it.
Orlando has 9 players under contract for $85M next season. If Orlando doesn't clear more cap, they cannot match anything over $4M. I'm sure they can create that cap with other moves though.
oh you're right

ok so orlando basically traded josh jackson for a 1st :lol: and if NOP is the one that signs him because of it they traded a 1st for josh jackson.

risky move for both teams. Orl might end up making a bad trade to keep JJ and NOP might end up using their cap to overpay for role players.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Silogical wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:48 pmNOP might end up using their cap to overpay for role players.
you mean NOP might end up using their cap to overpay for role players AGAIN
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Ramcus wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 pm
Silogical wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:48 pmNOP might end up using their cap to overpay for role players.
you mean NOP might end up using their cap to overpay for role players AGAIN
Im guilty of overpaying for role players again and again. Happy to finally be operating over the cap. The stars will never change teams so its just better to operate over the cap.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Close but the number isn't accurate

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

But that might have to involve trading away Jayhawk
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions