League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Charlotte Hornets Acquire Draymond Green

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

The Charlotte Hornets announced earlier today that they have acquired Draymond Green from Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for Harrison Barnes, LJ Peak, and two 1st round picks in a classic win-now move. There’s no doubt that this is the defining move for this Hornets’ team that finally looks set to take part in the CSL Playoffs. However, Green’s not-so-great start of the season with the Grizzlies sparkles some doubt and the deal could be seen as a risk. It might take some time for the new-look Hornets to figure things out but the front office seems to be quite enthusiastic about it.

Hornets GM ozymandias said to the press that the franchise has been searching for a starting PF for quite some time and they believe they’ve finally found him in Green. He’ll join Trae Young and Kris Dunn in the starting five and hopefully challenge for a CSL Championship in the next three years.

Harrison Barnes has his contract expiring in the offseason and finding his replacement seemed eminent. LJ Peak never got a real chance with Terran Petteway emerging as an important bench piece. Losing two picks will hurt Charlotte but the front office believes they already have at least 10 players they can rotate in their CSL Championship hunt.

Draymond revealed in his first interview as a Hornet that he can’t wait to chase a championship with the CSL sensation Trae Young. “You don’t get too many chances in this league. Memphis is rebuilding and I’m happy to again be in a position to play in the playoffs and challenge for a championship.”

Ramcus
CEO

Re: Charlotte Hornets Acquire Draymond Green

Post by Ramcus »

With the recent release of Memphis's stars clashing in the locker room, the Grizzlies seem to have acted quickly in removing Green. They got a fantastic package, with 2 picks, but Green is a fantastic fit with the Hornets. They've primed to make a strong finals push now.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

terrific move

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Big time move and I like it for both sides. Your starting lineup really does feel more complete now.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I really like the deal for both sides and I'm happy to see a team like Charlotte pushing their chips to the center of the table to make a run since they have the talent to do it. I also like the package Memphis got (even if the picks dont end up lotto) as it allows them to enter asset accumulation mode.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

KW wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:52 amterrific move
This

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I think Green will be the perfect piece for you to contend once you can control he's chucking, as your team has enough scoring as it is. I believe he will be huge for you later on the year.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Great move bro

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams