League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Unleash the Dragon

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Unleash the Dragon

Post by Dennis »

Boston, Massachussetts - Not a game played, yet the Boston Celtics acquire Goran Dragic via trade. While Avery Bradley, Gerald Wallace and a futre first are on their way to Phoenix, the Dragon will join the Celtics. On top the franchise got 5 million more capspace next offseason and dont need to pay Bradleys extension. Experts already rate the trade as an overpay and even call it an "overkill", but GM Dennis is sure Dragic will be a great fit next to Bostons franchise player Rajon Rondo.

While Dragic wont be a superstar in a league with guys like Lillard, Wall, Irving who are extraordinary players in the making or a guy like Chris Paul, who is maybe the best player the CSL will ever see, Goran is one of the best rounded guys. He wont be the leader in any category, but he will do a little bit of everything.

Comparison
Goran Dragic 74 SCR, 77 PASS, 77 HDL, 77 DI, 76 IQ, 63 DEF, 69 STL
Deron Williams 70 SCR, 67 PASS, 78 HDL, 83 DI, 82 IQ, 76 DEF, 59 STL
Derrick Rose 81 SCR, 73 PASS, 69 HDL, 90 DI, 71 IQ, 77 DEF, 53 STL

There are only two guys with a better Pass/Handling combination then Goran, Jose Calderon and Steve Nash. While there are more guys with a better IQ/DI combination, Dragic is the only player with 70+ scoring, 75+ handling, 75+ pass, 60+ defense, 65+ steal, 75+ IQ and 75+ DI. The borders may look a bit random, but it shows how well rounded Dragic's game is. Another point is his high efficiency. Looking at last year NBAs shooting percentages (50%FG, 41%3FG) he could become one of CSL most effective guards, if he's able to keep it going in the CSL.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Unleash the Dragon

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I thought it was a helluva move for your team. Getting rid of Wallace (who's still a useful player here, but his contract is nowhere near his production) to get Dragic is great. I don't think Dragic will be a great SG because of being undersized and not having the strength to play the position full time, but he can at times share the court with Rondo.
And value-wise, this trade is great, unless PHI 1st pick is early lottery in 2016, which I don't think so.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Philiadelphia first might end up being a pick ~7, but thats fine for me. Dragic is a guy I would pick in the top5. Wanted Fernandez to let Dragic play the combo guard role. Now that he signed with you guys I believe Goran will play fulltime SG with Pressey backing up Rondo. Like you said Dragic is to thin and will allow maybe ~1P/SF, but I like his 6'4" frame 180lbs because it will allow him to get more steals/stop a lot drives. With Rondo next to him we will play fcp, so I prefer a guy able to stop/steal, compared to a guy with a PA/SF.

CSL Champions Image 2028

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I really think Dragic is going to be great when paired-up with Rondo. Like you said, he's not elite in any one particular attribute, but he is good at most attributes across the board. He's a good enough scorer (and efficient enough) to start at the 2, and not many 2's can handle and dish like he'll be able to. And if anything were to happen to Rondo (injury, foul-out, etc.) he can slide right into the PG spot. I'm looking forward to see how you utilize him on the Celtics!

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

I like Dragic, although I don't like him paired up with Rondo. He isn't the best floor spacer, so their skills kind of overlap. It may be time for the Rondo train to depart Boston.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Lets wait a bit how his jumper, 3pt % look with a bigger sample. If it doesnt fit rondo will be on the move.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Team needs a 3 point shooter badly. Babbitt isn't going to be enough with his low usage. I agree that Rondo and Dragic make a less than optimal backcourt together. In theory it's great, but I would move Rondo for a bigger wing with a 3 point shot. Then run out:

PG Dragic - 6'4
SG Big 2 guard
SF Babbitt 6'9
PF Faverani 6'11
CE Olynyk 7'0

I don't understand at all why you're starting Jeff Green. His offensive inefficiency has cost you at least 2 wins so far.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Spot on Mr. Moungey. And I already offered rondo for several guys that fit your Description. But its actually very hard to get trades done. This year I dont care about winning or losing. Im fine if Im able to Land a top pick.

CSL Champions Image 2028

orangeparka
Senior Vice President

Post by orangeparka »

Underrated. He can be a star on the level of real-life Dragic at least IMO.
CHARLOTTE HORNETS
Kris Dunn / Jordan Farmar / Jahii Carson
Bradley Beal / Michael Carter-Williams
Furkan Korkmaz / Rodney Hood / Danny Green
Clint Capela / Noah Vonleh / Brandan Wright / Taj Gibson
Jonas Valanciunas / Jordan Mickey / Robert Upshaw

Legacy (DENVER NUGGETS)
2013/2014: 55-27 (Lost in 2nd Round)
2014/2015: 52-30 (CSL Championship)