League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Lakers to continue to trust Kostas

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

kostas is with the real life and csl lakers.
The Los Angeles Lakers made a trade towards the start of the season when they shipped Nassir Little to the Knicks for Kostas and 2 Knicks 2nds, while its to early to tell who is the winner of the trade and most gm's bashed Gm stockton over the trade, the lakers gm wont give up on him and so far has proved more valuable then little who has been injury plagued

Kostas had a great training camp and stockton liked him when both were with the Knicks and so far he is showing some signs of being a solid starter but the question is will he reach his full potential?

Lets show you some stats for this year :

# career high 21 points 7 rebounds and 3 steals vs Portland was his best game
# a record 9 steals vs Oklahoma City thunder
# 1.4 steals per game #38th in the league and second behind Colin Sexton in LA
# his shooting .543 which is 4th in fg% in the league but it doesn't show in the league leaders
# just his second year and most of the time he spent with the new knicks gm he didn't play so watch out next year.

Next year should be Kostas's year and he will come out of contract then too but expect the lakers to have full faith in him to produce and stockton predicts 10ppg and average around 1.5 steals if not more and over 1 block a game.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Re: Lakers to continue to trust Kostas

Post by andrei »

Perhaps the trade wasn't so bad after all?
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

I looked at him as a future investment. I cashed out early for a better investment I feel.

But so far no luck
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Yeah, the trade's still entirely New York Knick's win. Kostas Antetokoumnpo isn't a bad prospect, heck he's played better than I expected, but he's certainly not a better player than Nassir Little.

Nassir Little provides immense potential in man defense situations and some shooting potential. We've all seen how effective high defensive ratings can be, even without a viable 3 point shot. Kostas provides a little bit of everything, but nothing elite enough for him to wow any GM's. He's an inefficient shooter from deep, but lacks the rebounding ratings for him to play inside the arc. He's not a volume scorer, doesn't pass the ball much, has a horrible handle for a big wing, and has average IQ. So basically you don't want him touching the ball on offense usually. Kostas can't defend either, with poor DEF/DIS ratings. You might ask what are his strengths, but that lies solely in his ability to create turnovers and draw fouls. Unfortunately you don't really want him drawing fouls either, as he can't shoot from the charity stripe either. He's got decent block/steal ratings, but certainly not outstanding.

Don't get me wrong, he's entirely played above expectations since being traded to the Lakers. Being given the starting SF spot in a team is going to wrack up good game experience. He's been shockingly efficient(on relatively low volume) on offense and he's been a consistent ball thief on defense, but he's nothing special. And certainly not a better player than Nassir Little.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Andrewu91 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:17 am I looked at him as a future investment. I cashed out early for a better investment I feel.

But so far no luck
little could still work out but i dont think his shooting percentage will be better

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Too early to tell if there is a winner or not.
Both players are just so different and can pan out in the right environment. Little is the prototype 3&D if he can find his shot from behind the arc and Kostas is more the do it all kind of player.

And they both have also plenty of room to grow.
Kostas seems to be a little ahead in his development, but Little is still only 19.