League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Tremor hits Oakland

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Tremor hits Oakland

Post by Cyrisnyte »

Oakland, CA

Harden now Houston Bound

Reports out of California today are that a small tremor was felt in Oakland at the exact same time James Harden announced he would be leaving the Pacific Coast for the Gulf of Mexico. Reports that have come in suggest more broken hearts than bones.

James Harden made the decision to leave the Warriors for the Rockets in what turned out to be a devastating blow for the Warriors. Word is that the organization was blindsided by Harden's choice to leave the organization as they had a lot of cap space off the books to bring in more players that fit around Harden and KD. Now the direction of the Warriors will certainly take a different path.
GM Cyrisnyte,
"James called me this morning to let me know that he was leaving the Warriors to go back to the Rockets. We talked about where we were as an organization and where he is at in his career. As I've always said I want players here on the Warriors roster who want to be here. James thanked me for his time here and wished us the best. I hold no ill will towards James and I wish him the best in this next chapter in his life and career. We will have to take a second look now at the direction of the organization as we have limited time to make moves in Free Agency.

The CSL is an ever changing world. Players will come and go, all we can do is try and find the right pieces of the puzzle and hope for the best. At the end of the day this is a business and I hope our fans can understand that James kept his commitment to this organization and played out his contract. He never once asked for a trade or was a malcontent in the locker room. We appreciate that James was a man of his word and finished his contract before looking for greener pastures.

We are now at a crossroads though and it is one that has to lead us in the right direction for the future of our organization not just for this upcoming season. We will do everything in our power to give the fans a team they can get behind this upcoming season.
While it seems GM Cyrisnyte had the right words prepared, one could not help but see a daze in his eyes as he spoke. Looking more like a boxer who had just gotten his bell rung than the GM of the Warriors.

Will Kevin Durant Demand a Trade Next?

We have heard that Kevin Durant has already asked for a one on one meeting with GM Cyrisnyte just hours after the news came down. Most experts believe that KD will be demanding a trade out of Oakland due to the current roster situation and players already off the board in Free Agency. Kevin was all in on the plan of the Warriors heading into this off-season of getting Harden back in then using the cap left over to sign the role players needed to make another step forward. With Harden bolting for Houston, the odds are not in Golden State's favor to retain their other superstar. If this is the case, the Warriors should be thankful that they still own all their first rounders in the upcoming seasons because there will be some slim years ahead.

Will the Warriors now look to build a team around the young PJ Dozier who just came over this summer in a trade with Miami? Who will be left on this Warriors roster when all is said and done? With Harden gone now and possibly Durant demanding he be traded, the Warriors will most likely drop to the bottom of the CSL in league attendance. How long will it take for the fans who cheered wildly at the games to become a half filled arena of angry fans if the Warriors slip back to mediocrity?

We aren't so sure the fans are going to accept the loss of Harden as easy as GM Cyrisnyte. Not only are they in shock at him leaving, some already have their person to blame for this mess. The following post has been circulating the web right after the announcement was made.

Needless to say, life certainly cannot be easy for GM Cyrisnyte right now. With a meeting with Kevin Durant looming, we expect it may get a lot worse before it gets better as well...
Harrison -- Young --- ZDK --- AA --- WCJ
Duval -- O'Neale -- Okeke -- Reid -- N'Diaye

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Tremor hits Oakland

Post by Marcos_Beck »

:/
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I actually think it’s a blessing in disguise. You weren’t going to win with that roster and now with filer and dozier and all of your picks, you can shape this team how you want.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Still a tough pill to swallow.
But correct, the end was getting close for the Durant/Harden pairing.

Wish you best of luck and I hope Dozier can be already the center piece. He is more exciting than black hole Harden anyway.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Man, I feel so bad for you, as you offered everything you could plus more for Harden, and yet he left you for Houston.

However, as others have mentioned above, you have your own picks, and could easily rebuild by dealing away your current pieces.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Worth noting: You now have a lot of cap space to play with