League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Memphis, State of the Franchise

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Memphis, State of the Franchise

Post by Sharkn20 »

Seems that Memphis finally settled with a new GM (Sharkn20) who takes his first ever DDSPB Multiplayer team in an official league. Sharkn20 stated "I am very happy about landing in Memphis after applying to a couple of other Franchises unsuccesfully, Memphis was the place were 2 spanish stars (The Gasol's brothers) debuted in the NBA, creating the pathway for many others to come, I am spanish myself, however living in the UK, so is a huge privilege to be here".

Sharkn20 has in his disposition what someone call playoff ready Roster and seems that he quickly found who the Go-To-5 players for the starting lineup he wants to use.

* PG Shane Larkin

Larkin has an outsanding range to make throws from the perimeter and mid range shots, combined with an above average defense and a nose to smell the steal opportunity, his weakness is his passing being just league average there, and that's what you expect from your PG right?

* SG Zach Levine

Another excellent shooter who can really create his own chances, LaVine has been on a tear since Sharkn20 took over, a reliable go-to in static attacks, however his major weakness is being just average at best defending opposing scorers.

* SF Khris Middleton

Again a really nice shooter from the mid range and downtown, Middleton feels comfortable shooting from outside, however is very shy going into the paint or punishing his body fighting for some boards with opposite power men. What Middleton is really good at is defending, he can single handily dry opposite top scorers in M2M defense.

* PF Draymond Green

Green also is shy to get into the paint to score his baskets, preferring the medium range to do so, Draymond is really good distributing the ball to his shooters from the post and awesome in defense, while being very reliable in avoiding second opportunities by sweeping boards in defense.

* C Bismack Biyombo

Biyombo has everything you want in your Center, ability to score in the paint and be great in rebounding, he also has everything you don't want in your Center, just above average defense and really struggles when passing the ball... We are not even going to talk about his no-ability from the charity stripe.

With LaVine and Biyombo in contract years, Sharkn20 decided to use them as much as possible and decide whether they are worth it of another contract in Memphis.

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Re: Memphis, State of the Franchise

Post by Sharkn20 »

Sorry guys, tried to upload some images here but they won't work as expected...

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Sharkn20 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:59 pm Sorry guys, tried to upload some images here but they won't work as expected...
I fixed it for you, but some of them aren't valid images or are a little big for the forum. Its something youll figure out with time though.

In the future use the IMG extension instead of the URL extension to show forum images.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

As for your team, I think you have a really good roster to be honest. You still need a PG, but other than that its pretty well rounded. This is a team that should be in the playoffs and was bound for them before their GM left.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: Memphis, State of the Franchi

Post by WillyJakkz »

You've got a decent cast, the former GM always had MEM on the cusp as a mid tier PO team then inexplicably would pull the plug on the season yr in and yr out.

Identifying your core or one player you want to build around (whether they're on your team or not) and attaining that player will be a great place to start.

Though I feel differently the popular GM consensus say Middleton is the main guy.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I actually would try to move lavine to get Middleton more touches. Also green should be moved to C as I think he should do better there. Biyombo is solid, but I would try to add a Harry Giles like.guy who can score but also rebound and defend. Maybe Anigbogu is a good target to pair. At PG you need a solid facilitator with decent defense. A Patrick Beverly type comes to mind - even thoufh Larkin is nearly same level. At SG I would go for a CJ McCollum, Malachi Richardson type of player. Helps a secondary playmaker and does everything you want from a 3 & D wing. Depending on how good your post scorer would be, you could easily become a top4 western conference contender. Behind sac, por, okc, phx, hou the West is wide open any way.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I love the makeup of this team to be honest. You have a dynamic shooter in LaVine who is efficient on impressive volume, a perfect #2 option in Middleton who won't score as much but is super efficient and a defensive talent (probably your best player), an All-Defense Swiss army knife in Dray, surrounded with some solid supporting pieces in Bog, Biz, Zeller, and others. It's a well built roster that was horribly utilized. If the old GM hadn't set to 9 zone and vanished for half the season while other teams piled threes on them, they'd be comfortably in the playoffs right now.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

If you keep LaVine and Middleton, I think Dennis has it right that Draymond should be shifted to center and Biyombo is a great backup. That rim protection will help cover up LaVine’s short comings. A ball-moving point guard that can defend his position would give you a great starting lineup.

This team is setup to be pieced together into a perennial playoff squad.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

AC
General Manager

Post by AC »

Your starting front court is impressive, as is the front court depth on the bench. Like others have recommended, you just need to improve the PG position, which would help put this team over the top and contending in the playoffs.
'22 - '23 Philadelphia 76ers
PG: Lonzo Ball / Ray McCallum
SG: Jabari Brown / E’Twaun Moore / Josh Richardson
SF: Jabari Parker / Kevin Hervey / Jerami Grant
PF: Adreian Payne / Moritz Wagner
C: Damian Jones / Daniel Miller

10th overall pick (2023 CSL Draft)

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Why Middleton is so good?? His SCR is really good and he is just average shooting in the paint... Can he play PF regardless the low scoring in the paint?

His rebounding is dreadful too...

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Middleton is a very good shooter, especially from the 3.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I think Middleton/Green is the foundation of a great defense, the supporting cast just needs to be average on that end to build a team that can get after it on the defensive end. I'm not a huge Lavine fan but he gives you a guy that can score pretty efficiently on high volume and he can also space the floor.
Ball is Life.