League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

My Top 5 Prospects Thus Far

Write updates about your team or the league here.
hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

My Top 5 Prospects Thus Far

Post by hardenwithnod »

Is Miles Bridges the real deal?

Disclaimer: This top 5 is based on my scouting reports, and things that I have read from the draft team thus far, so our evaluation could be off.

1. Miles Bridges - SF

In my opinion Bridges is probably the safest pick in this draft, as he already has a solid all around game to be able to hang with the big boys of CSL. His upside as a true 2 way stud is huge, especially if he can develop his 3 point shooting stroke, along with learning more moves to become a scorer. With proper coaching, this kid will become a lockdown defender one day, while being able to play multiple positions due to his ability to handle, rebound, and pass the ball. This kid isn't just a 3, and D type of wing either, as he possess wonderful athleticism that allows him to drive, and finish with authority. As long as he stays healthy, then this kid will be a perennial all star.

2. Jaren Jackson JR - C

JJJ is only 18 years old, but he already posses a CSL ready body, and the skill set to contribute immediately for any CSL team. Unlike your usual big man who can only hang around the rim, JJJ has a good outside stroke for a big man, with range as far out as the 3 point line, and at the same time has good enough handles that allows him to put the ball on the ground, and take it to the hole against slower big men defenders. Defensively he moves his feet well, and knows how to time his block well without getting himself into foul trouble. JJJ also has good active hands that allows him to play the passing lane very well for a big man, and if developed properly, he can pretty much do it all. The only knock for JJJ is that he will pretty much be a good 2 way big man, but lacks that elite skill to push him towards the elite class of big men such as Anthony Davis. However, whoever drafting this kid will definitely be pleased, as he's going to be a good piece for any team in the CSL today.

3. Michael Porter Jr - PF

Porter Jr is the true definition of boom, or bust type of pick. This kid is a high risk/high reward type of player that could make a GM look like a genius in a few years, or get a GM fired for blowing a top 3 pick on this guy. Porter Jr possess tremendous size, and athleticism. He has immense upside as a scorer who can create any shot he wants in the world, and there's nothing a defender can do about it. Post up? No problem. Take it to the hole? You bet. Pull up for a mid range? Cash. Catch, and shoot a kick out 3? Done. Porter is definitely a raw project right now, but with time, and patience, he could become an unstoppable scoring machine who will score efficiently on all 3 levels of the court. He can be a prime Kevin Durant reborn! Defensively he will never be an all world defender, but he uses his size, reach, and athleticism to contest shots, or create deflections in the passing lane. MPJ will never be known as a coach on the court, but his pure basketball instincts is there, and is one of those freaks where he can force a turnover, or clean up a defensive glass, then 3 seconds later he will dribble all the way down court, and draw an and one highlight dunk over a poor defender that gets in his way. MPJ possess ELITE upside, something that other draft candidates might not have.

4. Dzanan Musa - SF

Mr. Musa is a very entertaining player to watch, as he's only 19 years old, but he can handle the ball like a seasoned floor general in the CSL. His understanding, and vision for the game is absolutely unique for a wing player like him. Offensively he can score inside, and outside with ease. It might take some time for him to adjust to the game speed of CSL, but with proper coaching, this kid will become a very versatile offensive piece that might be able to run point guard if needed. Musa is also a very strong rebounder for a wing, and might even be able to fill in as a small ball power forward under the right system. Musa possess a unique playmaking skill set that's extremely rare for a player of his size, and I think that will be his biggest calling card. Defensively he's average, but has shown some ability to force turnovers, so he won't be a liability on that end of the floor. The biggest question mark for Dzanan will be what position will he be best utilized at, and will his versatile skill set become his actual downfall since he might be a position less player. If a GM can figure out a way to maximize his playmaking, and vision, then this kid can become something special.

5. Markelle Fultz - PG

This was a tough call, as I have 3 other players that I was seriously considering for this final top 5 draft prospects spot, but in the end I decided to go with a point guard since this is such a PG driven league. Anyways Fultz is a very interesting prospect, as he has a good understanding of the game, and knows how to create his shot anywhere on the court. Fultz has a good shooting stroke, and with proper strength training regime, then he can become a solid inside scorer as well. While he's a score first type of point guard, playmaking wise he has tremendous handles, and has potential to become one of the best ball handler in the CSL. He also throws some very good flashy passes, and won't turn the ball over much. Fultz is also a good rebounder for a point guard, and can easily go coast to coast with his speed, handles, and athleticism. His game reminds me quite a bit of last year's draft pick Dennis Smith, the same type of fast twitch athlete that can shoot the ball as well. The biggest knock on his game is probably his defense, as he will never be known as a all CSL defender, but he knows his role, and won't compromise the overall integrity of a defense. He uses his athleticism to stay in front of his man, and won't be a black hole on that end. Overall Fultz comes in with a ready now offensive game, and has good upside to become an all star caliber point guard.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: My Top 5 Prospects Thus Far

Post by emplep7 »

This doesnt make me feel good about the pick I just got. I have scouted all of these guys and I do like some of them a good bit, but also feel there are some players who are slipping under the radar. I'm looking forward to how this lotto/draft plays out.

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

1 of these guys named is the clear number 1 in my opinion.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I like one of the players on the list - but that's it. So far also the only player I like haha. I think he will be gone when we are on. Hence I think it's likely we will trade our pick. The other 4 players shouldn't be lottery to be honest. It's maybe the weakest draft since GDP one by a good margin.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I like some of those guys but honestly there's one player I'm in love with. He's not going to be a star but he's a great complementary piece for any kind of team. I'll certainly try to grab him once the draft starts.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

From what I have seen, this draft doesn't have the star power, but quite a few guys who have potential to grow into key secondary pieces for a lot of teams.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

hardenwithnod wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:51 pm From what I have seen, this draft doesn't have the star power, but quite a few guys who have potential to grow into key secondary pieces for a lot of teams.
Realistically I think 4th starters or spot minute guys imo. Couldn't find great roleplayers that are starter worthy which is my biggest concern. I don't need stars every draft but at least guys in the mold of MKG, Smith, Lessort, Gbinje, mclemore etc. Couldn't find one yet though. Every player that could be a roleplayers has one very very huge weakness that kills it. No matter if it's iq in the 40s, the inability to shoot the ball at all, di similar to my discipline when it comes to trying to say no to a pizza, or defense that has more holes than a cheese. Maybe it changes with the next scouting round.. Musa for example I wouldn't even consider starting at all due to some of the above mentioned reasons.

Just my opinion though.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

If nobody wants picks, I'll be on the market for one. I have ONE specific target and that's it.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

I hate this class. Which means we'll probably end up with the #1 pick.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Good article ..worth a shot doing this ..will JJJ become a Knick ?

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Agree with Bridges and JJJ.
After that I'm not really sure yet. Still have to scout a lot of this expected players.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I hope I can get some steals in this draft, as the interest seems low.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

hardenwithnod wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 pm I hope I can get some steals in this draft, as the interest seems low.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Stockton12 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:55 am Good article ..worth a shot doing this ..will JJJ become a Knick ?
Not sure JJJ is what you guys need.. He's something between Joshua Smith and Terrence Jones. You guys need a guy able to carry a franchise.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Dennis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:53 pm
Stockton12 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:55 am Good article ..worth a shot doing this ..will JJJ become a Knick ?
Not sure JJJ is what you guys need.. He's something between Joshua Smith and Terrence Jones. You guys need a guy able to carry a franchise.
That will probally come in the next draft

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Stockton12 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:18 pm
Dennis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:53 pm
That will probally come in the next draft
Interesting.. But might make sense. Better to take the slowpath in your position than gambling on one of those super raw guys that dont even have any top50 upside anyway. So go with the only good roleplayer in the draft to fill that hole this year - even first overall - might be really smart.

CSL Champions Image 2028