League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Toronto Raptors - A New Era

Write updates about your team or the league here.
blackice
Chairman of the Board

Toronto Raptors - A New Era

Post by blackice »

Please Welcome...new GM of the Toronto Raptors....Blackice!

ImageImage

First of all I'd like to thank everyone in the Clippers organization for giving me a chance to manage a team and a special thank you to long time head coach "Lionel Hollins" for showing up to work everyday ready to learn, to teach, and to grow into one of the better player motivators and game strategists in the game. I've gone through thick and thin with the Clippers and LA has shown me nothing but love and support. From the Dame days to a new era, I feel I'm leaving the team with a nice young core of players. Russell/Vaughn/Zubac are all 21 years of age (22 next season) and the trio form a young nucleolus that should be ready to compete in a few years. Mickey, the shotblocking phenom, is only 22 (23 next season) and has the versatility to play both frontcourt positions and provide rim protection and rim running on offense. Harkless (28) and Dellavedova (25) provide defense and spacing (39 3P% / 36 3P%) along with the ability to pressure the ball and force turnovers. Young (26) is the favourite for 6th man of the year and averaged 18/4/4 w/ 1.3 stls off the bench. Monroe, the resident veteran and long time Clipper just had a 21/11 on 47 FG% season and should be an elite low post presence for next season - he then expires.

The Clippers are in a good position for next season and the foreseeable future but I take my leave and am already salivating at the chance to take over the mantle for Canada's team.

The roster is as follows:

FA: Thaddeus Young (UFA)

Cory Joseph (RFA)/Jeremy Lin/Seth Curry
Lance Stephenson/Nick Johnson
Kawhi Leonard/Mirza Teletovic
Jordan Bell/David Wear/Arturas Gudaitis
DeMarcus Cousins/Jordan Bachynski

Picks:

2023 1 Raptors
2023 2 Raptors
2024 1 Raptors
2024 2 Raptors

Head Coach:

Lawrence Frank

We are in a position to compete or rebuild depending on 3 factors:

1. Trade Market

If we get great offers with young pieces and/or picks coming in it might make more sense to move Kawhi/Cousins and build around Joseph/Bell and target next years draft class. If it makes sense we could also trade into this draft class depending on the cost of picks (which tend to get pricy around draft day).

2. Free Agency

At this point we only have our MLE to play with but if we can bring in a solid rotational player and maybe resign Thad we'll do it. We have roughly 40M in expiring contracts after this FA class which could be leveraged into a player or two - or we'll target a max player next year.

3. Internal Growth / Landscape of Eastern Conference

If Detroit decides to rebuild and the East opens up some we might go "screw it" and try and position ourselves for a title run and target a 3rd star to pair with Cousins/Kawhi.

The first thing that stands out about this roster is the defensive talent. Joseph/Kawhi/Bell are all potentially elite defenders and even some of the secondary players have the ability to play on both ends of the floor. Kawhi is smack in the middle of his prime and Cousins provides a nice 2nd scoring option and a guy that can really dominant down low. The assets that we'll be holding closely to our chest is our 1st rounders - we've learned that not only are they supremely valuable but they also allow us to rebuild at any time, or if we suffer a severe injury we don't have to worry about giving up lotto picks to other teams.

Kawhi might be the present but CoJo is the future of the franchise - at only 25 he's a supreme talent at the point guard position who plays both ends of the floor...
Ball is Life.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: Toronto Raptors - A New Era

Post by Jestor »

I'll miss our rivalry and the trend of former Clippers finding new life in purple and gold (DeRozan, Mudiay)

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Raptors have some nice pieces. I really like Bell and can't wait to see what you do with him.

After the horrible free agency last year, glad you stuck around to clean the Clippers up somewhat.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I have to say, when the Clippers free agency fell apart last year, BI approached us about switching teams then, and when we turned him down he took it on the chin, didn’t complain, didn’t appeal, just put in work for the Clippers and put that team back on a good path immediately. He absolutely earned this, and that made a world of difference.

I’m very excited to see what you do in Toronto, especially with Kawhi in a Raptors jersey for your articles haha. I had fun with the Raptors this season, but they are much better off in the hands of someone who can give them the attention they deserve. I think it would be a mistake to not go for a title, as they could have been so much better with a real GM this year.

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Awesome news! Great to see a GM who stuck with his team get a chance to take on a Eastern playoff hopeful. Well deserved blackice. It kind of makes a nice story too with LA have such a bad free agency last year he worked miracles as the owner started to cut the team to sell. Blackice outperforms and he gets a shot at the bigtime again.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I'm very happy that BI got his Raptors finally. Looking forward to what happens next but there will be some action for sure :)
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

LOL, I had no idea this even happened until I read the policy update. Good for you, BI. Class act. You deserve a decent situation and while the Clippers aren't being left in a mess - due to your commitment, you'll have a lot of fun with Toronto.
Clown.Show.League

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

The Raptors deserves an active GM, and I am glad they got one. Now trade me Kawhi.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Great guy that deserves it. I dont think you did yourself a favor though haha. With Brooklyn we have a top3 team in the league in the division (if they hit their picks) and we will hopefully better next season too.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Jestor wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:50 pm I'll miss our rivalry and the trend of former Clippers finding new life in purple and gold (DeRozan, Mudiay)
Haha, me too Jestor. I'm pulling for you and hope the Mudiay reclamation project works out. He was great for us as a rookie and I've been following his career quite closely.
Ball is Life.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Again, thanks for the support ya'll. Pumped for this new chapter in my CSL career.
Ball is Life.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Myles wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:00 pm I have to say, when the Clippers free agency fell apart last year, BI approached us about switching teams then, and when we turned him down he took it on the chin, didn’t complain, didn’t appeal, just put in work for the Clippers and put that team back on a good path immediately. He absolutely earned this, and that made a world of difference.

I’m very excited to see what you do in Toronto, especially with Kawhi in a Raptors jersey for your articles haha. I had fun with the Raptors this season, but they are much better off in the hands of someone who can give them the attention they deserve. I think it would be a mistake to not go for a title, as they could have been so much better with a real GM this year.
Thank you for the opportunity Myles, truly.
Ball is Life.