League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Yabuesele Time!

Write updates about your team or the league here.
hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Yabuesele Time!

Post by hardenwithnod »

Too Heavy, not quick enough, too short, not a real athlete. Yabuesele has heard it all.

Guerschon Yabusele was born, and raised in Dreux, France. The 6 feet 8 inches tall Frenchman was originally a boxing prodigy that didn't touch a basketball until he was 17 years old. Nicknamed as the Dancing Bear due to his amazing footwork in the ring, the Dancing Bear has been making an impact in every gym that he has stepped into. When he was entering the CSL draft, many scouts thought he was too big, and too slow to compete with the fantastic athletes of the CSL. Some scouts felt he was just a jack of all trades, but master of none type of bench warmer at best. Some scouts worried he doesn't have a true position that allows him to succeed in the CSL.

Well, Wizards GM Gary Chan along with his scouting team has paid a close attention to Yabuesele for quite a while now, and they decided to take a chance on him by initiating a trade with the Los Angeles Lakers, where they sent away a future first in exchange for the 17th pick of the draft, in which they used the pick to select Yabuesele.
This kid was a former boxer who has made a seamless transition into the game of basketball. He's a tough kid who works extremely hard, and his 250lbs is pure muscle. This kid came into the CSL combine with a ridiculous 3% body fat. And for a 250lbs big man, he can move very well, and has showed us some ability to handle the ball.
We love his ability to use his frame to score at inside at will, and he knows how to bully people out of the way to get all those rebounds. Slow feet? Lack position? Not elite? Nah, this kid is a baller, and will only get better as he didn't even touch a basketball until 5 years ago.
- Wizards GM Gary Chan.

Yabuesele started off the season in the Wizards D-League affiliate, and finally got called up to the main roster when injuries problems start to pile up for the Wizards. And so far he has been playing some very impressive ball. In 9 games (7 starts(, Yabuesele is averaging 12.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.3 spg on 52% shooting in 28 minutes of playing time. He has been on fire for the last few games, as he has had four straight games where he had 17, or more points, including a 23 points outburst against the Atlanta Hawks.
I thought Dancing Bear looked really good out there, as he has been playing like a seasoned vet. Kid knows how to use his body to score in the paint, and he has no problem blowing by the defender by putting the ball on the floor as well. This kid is a tank that will bully his defender, and at the same time has a good soft touch around the basket that allows him to finish with ease. Him, and Valenciunas seem to have very good chemistry down low,
as Yabu is also a good passer. I have been impressed by his defense as well, especially his quick hands. If he keeps this up, then I will say he has a good chance of winning the rookie of the year.
- Head Coach Nick McMillan

Granted it has only been 9 games, but Yabuesele's performance has been trending upwards, and with more experience under his belt, Yabuesele can certainly have a bright future in this league. If he keeps up with this pace, CSL Rookie of the Year award is definitely a strong possibility for this young man.
I know a lot of people thought I was just a position less bench warmer at best, and I am here to prove these people wrong. I firmly believe I have the ability to be an impact player in this league, and it is my goal to become a French basketball legend in this league. I will do whatever it takes to become the best version of myself, and I am just grateful for this opportunity to showcase my skillset.
- Guerschon Yabuesele

Time will tell if Yabuesele is a legitimate prospect in the CSL, or he's just another flash in the pan that will eventually fizzle out.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Yabuesele Time!

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Playing very well!
One of the few players I really liked from past class.. impressive numbers and he's got potential to better.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Marcos_Beck wrote:Playing very well!
One of the few players I really liked from past class.. impressive numbers and he's got potential to better.

Yep, hopefully he keeps improving!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I think Yabuesele will be really interesting moving forward, I worry about him becoming like James Johnson (NLL), who never found a home because we always think he should be more than what he really is based on the ratings.

Can we talk about how pro athletes measure their ridiculous body fats? The human body needs roughly 15% body fat to operate properly, and even the leanest of athletes (we are talking marathon runners and the like) are somewhere around 6-10% body fat. There is no way NBA, NFL, etc players are below that. Not a chance. They wouldn't be able to maintain their stamina season-long.