League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Orlando Sentinel: The Big Cuz Cometh

Write updates about your team or the league here.
KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: The Orlando Sentinel: The Big Cuz Cometh

Post by KW »

8timechamp wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:George 38.5pts 9.5rebs 6asts 3stls .562 FG% .583 3pt%
Cousins 23.5pts 11.5rebs 1.5blks .558 FG%

2 game average vs DAL (Stephenson Tavares) PHILLY (Brown Kaun Noel)

Hope to be able to continue with their play vs Monta Ellis Jonas Valanciunas which should be a great test.
I'll set your sub matrix next sim you sent me. ;)

Just pointing out, any team that trades me a superstar will regret it. That's why I'm rebuilding my team to be a powerhouse.

You give me any superstar and the league is over. #username #tipsy
It must feel like a championship everytime you win a game with that roster. You might be an 8 time champ by those standards at the end of the season ;)

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

BizGilwalker wrote:
I traded Asik and a pick for Ryan Anderson and Aminu, then traded Parsons, Lin, Beverley, and other pieces for Cousins, and traded pieces for Granger (shitty chucker) and Collison. I had Howard/Cousins/Aminu/Granger/Harden with Anderson, Collison, and others on the bench. Howard and Cousins had initial struggles playing together, sort of figured it out, by staggering minutes, and then Howard got hurt, leaving me with a Cousins/Anderson Frontline. That was awful on defense. We missed the playoffs as a result. That summer, I traded Cousins and Collison for Iguodala and Oladipo, which was a massive success.
That's right I remember that now, will reread your earlier articles to see if there's a chronicle of the thought process etc at the time.

Offensively I run 90's style iso bball so not sure what you run and if SCR ratings of secondary players were near Cuz. I know Ryno's is fairly high (68) Dwight is 70 Harden 87 but I'd imagine that and whatever PI's you gave them affected their gameplay.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

WillyJakkz wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:
I traded Asik and a pick for Ryan Anderson and Aminu, then traded Parsons, Lin, Beverley, and other pieces for Cousins, and traded pieces for Granger (shitty chucker) and Collison. I had Howard/Cousins/Aminu/Granger/Harden with Anderson, Collison, and others on the bench. Howard and Cousins had initial struggles playing together, sort of figured it out, by staggering minutes, and then Howard got hurt, leaving me with a Cousins/Anderson Frontline. That was awful on defense. We missed the playoffs as a result. That summer, I traded Cousins and Collison for Iguodala and Oladipo, which was a massive success.
That's right I remember that now, will reread your earlier articles to see if there's a chronicle of the thought process etc at the time.

Offensively I run 90's style iso bball so not sure what you run and if SCR ratings of secondary players were near Cuz. I know Ryno's is fairly high (68) Dwight is 70 Harden 87 but I'd imagine that and whatever PI's you gave them affected their gameplay.
I tried a bunch of different sets, as I was still learning the engine at that point, but I did have a lot of players who were supposed to be high usage guys, and while Dwight/Anderson/Harden wasnt an issue, adding Cousins to that unit was probably not a great idea in hindsight. Hopefully he works better alongside PG.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

BizGilwalker wrote:
8timechamp wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:George 38.5pts 9.5rebs 6asts 3stls .562 FG% .583 3pt%
Cousins 23.5pts 11.5rebs 1.5blks .558 FG%

2 game average vs DAL (Stephenson Tavares) PHILLY (Brown Kaun Noel)

Hope to be able to continue with their play vs Monta Ellis Jonas Valanciunas which should be a great test.
I'll set your sub matrix next sim you sent me. ;)

Just pointing out, any team that trades me a superstar will regret it. That's why I'm rebuilding my team to be a powerhouse.

You give me any superstar and the league is over. #username #tipsy
It must feel like a championship everytime you win a game with that roster. You might be an 8 time champ by those standards at the end of the season ;)
I wish I was lucky enough to have that roster. Got stuck with Vasquez - johnson- mkg- Milsap- Vucevic. Mediocre at its best. :(

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

BizGilwalker wrote:Hope you're right, because my clusterfuck of a first season went downhill because of Cousins. Took way too many shots, got in foul trouble, didn't defend, and failed to step up once Howard got hurt and he was the clear #2 guy. He's better now than he was back then but still a very high-maintenance player in terms of getting him to play winning basketball. Maybe if your roster looks like DMC/3&D/Paul George/3&D/3&D things will look better.
I love seeing quotes like this. These "players" in the game are just numbers that "perform" for us to compile stats yet we all look at them as actual real-life players that need to realize situations and be able to step up and perform. This is one of my favorite parts of sim leagues.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

I wish I was lucky enough to have that roster. Got stuck with Vasquez - johnson- mkg- Milsap- Vucevic. Mediocre at its best. :([/quote]

Not about what you started with Dennis started with shit and look at the Celtics now
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

RiotPunch
General Manager

Post by RiotPunch »

Definitely a lot scarier after acquiring Boogie. That's a front line that I'll have a hard time matching up with, but I think we're hard to match up with as well. 8-)

Kyle Lowry || Bradley Beal || Andrew Wiggins || Derrick Favors || Festus Ezeli
2018-19 Record: 40-42
2017-18 GM of the Year

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

-Matty

I know. Just responding to biz.

I think in 1 season turning that lineup into Rozier, Vonleh, Anderson, Saunders, Clarkson, Bembry, Valentine, Zipser and a top 3 pick is pretty good.
I could package any and would of my players for a real superstar if one were available no doubt. With the assests I had before I got laughed at offering Johnson, milsap, mkg, 1sts for a star.

Now totally different situation

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

RiotPunch wrote:Definitely a lot scarier after acquiring Boogie. That's a front line that I'll have a hard time matching up with, but I think we're hard to match up with as well. 8-)

Yes you guys look extremely hard to matchup against.

Your move for additional elite scoring (Melo), CHI move for additional elite wing defense (Butler) forced my hand and thank goodness the DeAndre Jordan debacle happened with that gm panicking cause my team dynamic would still be Paul George mainly but now Cuz gives us another threat that I just hopes meshes with Paul on a dynamic level.

That said though...

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

WillyJakkz wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Definitely a lot scarier after acquiring Boogie. That's a front line that I'll have a hard time matching up with, but I think we're hard to match up with as well. 8-)

Your move for additional elite scoring (Melo), CHI move for additional elite wing defense (Butler) forced my hand and thank goodness the DeAndre Jordan debacle happened with that gm panicking cause my team dynamic would still be Paul George mainly but now Cuz gives us another threat that I just hopes meshes with Paul on a dynamic level.

That said though...
I don't know the specifics of each trade, but Jordan has won a championship next to a high usage forward, Cousins has.....

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Sun Scorched wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:

That said though...
I don't know the specifics of each trade, but Jordan AND Hibbert won a championship next to a high usage forward, Cousins has.....
Fixed... and Cousins has... had "utilization" problems so we'll see what happens, who knows but still a work in progress.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Blast from the past lol. Wasn't even looking for this article but came across it.

Jeez it's been a long damn time since we've been good. Hope to keep trending upwards. Also lol at some of the names in this thread.

ORLANDO
MAGIC: