League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Orlando Sentinel: Want To Be Here!

Write updates about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

The Orlando Sentinel: Want To Be Here!

Post by WillyJakkz »

With a 4-14 preseason in the books and the regular season soon to be underway, Magic Head Coach Steve Nash took time to address the press about the team.
Hi guys how are you doing...

There's been um some observations that I've seen with the team, the rotations, and in the lockerroom. There's alot to like, alot to love, and some things that need addressing.

Firstly, I really like the atmosphere of the city, the fans, and the organization. It's a class organization and the fans have been unbelievably supportive of this franchise despite the losing years.

Secondly, I love the franchise has a direct order and sight line to create a winning culture and the GM is behind me with achieving these goals. I love the veteran acquisitions that were made bringing in a Royce O'Neal, an Emanuel Mudiay, a D'Angelo Russell, as well as bringing back Jonathan Isaac who is young but he's been in this League for some time now.

I love the young guys who have shown they want to be here, Scottie coming in has shown he's looking to compete and develop to become a better player. Mark's hit the weight room and has shown he's committed to becoming a better player and leader on this team.

Now to address the elephant in the room. There's been a gloomy cloud over the offseason and has culminated in the lockerroom during the preseason and it appears to be spreading into the rest of some of the young players.

Do I love the fact that the young guys want to win? Absolutely! But do I love it that the young guys are expressing it by moodiness on the court, or in the lockerroom, and to the media? No!

It's a process and that has to be understood but we're also in the steps to turn the corner and we'll get there. We'll get there.

But make no mistake about it... If you're unhappy, you could see it as an opportunity to improve your craft to help the team or you could take it as a negative and perhaps it may be best to speak with your agent and GM WillyJakkz to find other resolutions.

Because right here right now, as it stands... We want players who WANT TO BE HERE...

Alright guys we're done, no questions. Thank you.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Re: The Orlando Sentinel: Want To Be Here!

Post by rh0xxy »

Interesting to see what's next for this young team. Are there any imminent movement or trade talks going on? Looking forward to it...
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Most patient owner in the business!
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Melo on the block?

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

rh0xxy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:47 pm Interesting to see what's next for this young team. Are there any imminent movement or trade talks going on? Looking forward to it...
Yeah it's interesting, initially LaMelo was the only frustrated player (mood = yellow) but I've noticed now after preseason I have 3 more guys whose mood is yellow.

I'm not sure he's been getting in the ear of the other guys or what?

I'm looking forward to it as well.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Willy I am sorry. I tried to guide you or try to guide you to free agency success, with my suggestions. Unfortunately it didn't work.

I like Lamello, Edwards and all them that eat after. It seems like you don't have the passion anymore to grab that #1 option who will change the whole franchise and how the system (dds manager) wants to fire you. Paul George would be Ashamed my dude.

Either stop fronting or take that leap
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson