League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Toronto Season Preview - 2030 - 2031

Write updates about your team or the league here.
blackice
Chairman of the Board

Toronto Season Preview - 2030 - 2031

Post by blackice »

After a rough season in which the team made the playin but lost to our mentor, the mighty Hawks in a tight game, GM Blackice has done something he never has before - he ran it back with the same roster plus the addition of a very intriguing rookie named Kai "@GOATLIFE" Jones, who has seen a boon in training camp and might be the best combination of shot blocking and efficient low post scoring that the team has ever drafted, and will make a run for all rookie team depending on the head coaches minute allocation. Speaking of coaching, new head coach "Andre Miller" had this to say:
This team is brimming with talent, and we will be a team focused on efficient offense and elite defense. The tools are there and this is a team that can lock up star players at any position and I am thrilled to take on this new challenge.
If we go position by position, we can see how the team shapes up.

Starters

Michael Young - The longtime Raptor signed a contract for the next 4 years with a team option on the last year and will likely retire a Raptor. He is a top 5 rebounder who can score efficiently and defend at a high level, and our defensive scheme doesn't work without a backend rim protector who can anchor the defense and gives us great balance on both ends.

Justin Patton - Our offensive hub, this is a guy who can carry the team on his back and is a legit inside/outside threat who can pass the ball and create a motion offense. The ball doesn't stick to him and he is a team player who can go head to head with any big in the league. This is notable as we are in a particularly tough division with the dominant bigs in Brooklyn. The Nets are the clear favourites in the division, but we think our setup will work well against Rizzo's championship team. The rest of the division is strong as well, commonly known as the toughest in the league.

Herbert Jones - The quintessential 3&D wing who provides shutdown defense on the wing and 40 3P% on volume. He will give us a low USG% wing who can slow down wing players and space the floor.

Hamidou Diallo - Now we get to the big wing threat for us, Diallo has a nasty handle and the slashing ability to abuse defenders and knows where his bread is buttered - get to the rim and foul out opposing defenders. He is a pretty good playmaking 2 guard and does a little bit of everything, on strong but not elite defense. He forms one half of our notable backcourt.

Nassir Little - The franchise player, and the next Cory Joseph for our Raptors teams. At age 25, he can run the team with playmaking help from other positions and although he'll never be a 10 + APG player, he could top at around 8 APG on shutdown defense. He is the head of the defense and simply disrupts other team's point guards and causes havoc on the perimeter. We think he will be in contention for Defensive Player of the Year this season, and will retire a Raptor.

Bench:

Thomas Welsh: He's a sturdy, no nonsense big who will can anchor our bench and rebound, shoot on elite FG% and defend at a high level. He is a key part of this team.

Nickeil Alexander-Walker: The Canadian is an instant offense scorer who can shoot us into games, a microwave scorer in the mold of a Lou Williams or Jason Terry. We'd like to see him up his minutes as he is a quality player but that's up to the coaching staff.

Elijah Hughes - Basically a Herbert Jones clone, not quite the 3 point shooter but he can defend and shoot a bit. He'll see minutes, and is a big part of our perimeter defense.

Tyus Jones - The 3 point bomber is a solid floor general and gives us a pure PG who can supplement what Little gives us. A traditional PG and a solid spacer.

Deep Bench:

Vic Law - Solid all around point forward.

Tre Jones - 3rd string PG, elite handle and solid passing.

Isaiah Mobley - The "other" Mobley, he gives us post defense and a option off the bench.

Obi Enechionyia - An intriguing big, probably won't see many minutes but he's certainly an interesting player.

The Rookie:

Kai Jones - The player we are most excited to feature, he is already a low post monster, and could score at a 60 FG% clip as a rookie on 2 blks per 36. If he can figure out the whole defense/rebounding issue he has, we might have a poor mans Joel Embiid type when it's all said and done. Not bad for where he was drafted.

The Goal

Make the playoffs, and improve markably from last season. We have rivals in the division, in the conference and in the league and hope to have a relatively injury free season, with quality depth, and compete in every game we play in.
Ball is Life.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Re: Toronto Season Preview - 2030 - 2031

Post by mgtr81 »

Not sure what to expect here. There's overall talent on the team, that's for sure. But on the other hand, two inefficient players in Diallo and Alexander-Walker taking so many shots can be a problem difficult to manage. Micro managing the depth chart will be key. Time for the Raptors to move up the standings.
ImageImageImageImageImage

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Still amazes me how you have gone 180 from being one of the biggest traders to never trading. I think the team is borderline playoff. Ideally if you had your picks I'd recommend to go rebuild route as I can't see this squad getting past the first round but with no pick this year or next year it's probably stuck unfortunately
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

I'm still a believer of this team but not sure if the team can withstand the long season if injuries strikes once again. You need to hope everybody in the starting unit stays healthy particularly Nassir to give the team a fighting chance.

Just wondering, is it ok now to put players in a position two spots away? I'd just recalled it's restricted back then and didn't know it was lifted already. No malice, i'm just confirming.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

rh0xxy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:39 amJust wondering, is it ok now to put players in a position two spots away? I'd just recalled it's restricted back then and didn't know it was lifted already. No malice, i'm just confirming.
I checked the CBA before changing Musa to SF and it says that you can play players any position down but only one position up (going from PG to C). That is, a SF can play PG, SG, SF and PF, but not C.
ImageImageImageImageImage

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

mgtr81 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:01 pm
rh0xxy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:39 amJust wondering, is it ok now to put players in a position two spots away? I'd just recalled it's restricted back then and didn't know it was lifted already. No malice, i'm just confirming.
I checked the CBA before changing Musa to SF and it says that you can play players any position down but only one position up (going from PG to C). That is, a SF can play PG, SG, SF and PF, but not C.
Thanks for confirming.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke