League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The end of an era

Write updates about your team or the league here.
mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

The end of an era

Post by mgtr81 »

After 10 years, the paths of Brandon Ingram and the Milwaukee Bucks have separated from each other. In a three-team trade that was announced two days ago, the Bucks have sent Ingram to the Minnesota Timberwolves and Vlatko Cancar, Joel Embiid and two first round picks to the Charlotte Hornets. As a result of the deal, three new players will be wearing the Bucks uniform next season: Dzanan Musa, Usman Garuba and Grant Williams.

Ingram entered the 2021 CSL draft coming from Duke, and the Bucks used the first overall selection to land the versatile forward. He was ready to contribute from day one, already averaging 14.2 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 1.3 blocks and 0.7 steals in 29.5 minutes per game during his rookie season. During these 10 years Ingram have played 775 regular season games (starting 772), 48 playoff contests (always as a starter) and the two play-in games from this last season. He leaves Milwaukee with career totals of 15,848 points, 4,048 rebounds, 2,586 assists, 1,073 steals and 1,028 blocks combining regular season and playoff games (a total of 823 games).
Bucks GM wrote:We wish Brandon the best. He has been a great player and teammate, who always understood our philosophy of the team being always first and not allowing egos to grow in the locker room. There are many great memories and exciting games that we will always remember. He will always be welcomed at the Fiserv Forum when he comes to play. We wish him the best in Minnesota.
Many thought Ingram would retire as a Buck, and that was certainly possible. However, the Bucks season, despite starting pretty well, finished with the team unable to find any momentum and being kicked-off in the play-in by the Chicago Bulls and the Atlanta Hawks in consecutive games. In parallel, this 2030-31 season had seen Troy Brown take the leading role over Ingram. With Milwaukee willing to retool to improve in the short-term and extend its window to contend for a championship, it was Ingram who had to be moved. There were may teams calling but in the end it came down to two options: one from an Eastern team and the one which ended up materializing. The trade was received from the press with mixed reactions, but the Bucks Front Office is already used to deal with that.

What the coming players can add to the Bucks will be featured in the team's season preview, and not only these three players coming via trade, but also rookies Miles McBride and Enzo Shahrvin. For a franchise so conservative in terms of roster changes will start the new season with at least one third of the players wearing the Bucks jerseys for the first time.
ImageImageImageImageImage

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Re: The end of an era

Post by drumr »

Love your usual continuity and this was the biggest deal I can remember you making. Can't wait to see how it works out cause I gotta game plan against it!

Good luck I'm sure it's gonna work out and be a thorn in my side because you're a high quality GM. I tried to get Musa 2 or 3 times last season just couldn't get over the hump.
Last edited by drumr on Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cleveland Cavaliers

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Very curious to see if you can fix Musa and turn him into that triple double threat that can be efficient enough once again.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Losing Ingram may not be as difficult for you with the emergence of Brown it seems. I can see you giving him the full reign as the Bucks go to guy.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I really like that you typically hold onto your core players for a long time. Ingram has been an awesome 2-way player for a long time with you guys. With the way the second half the season unfolded, I think it was smart to shake things up though. You definitely extended your window and made your team more balanced. I’m a big fan of Garuba, and I’m really looking forward to seeing how a versatile player like Musa is for you guys.