League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Rebuilding in the Windy City

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Rebuilding in the Windy City

Post by Marcos_Beck »

CHICAGO, IL: How much did I miss starting articles that way. Chicago, Illinois, we're back at home, finally!
Big props to Rhox, Willy and Andre who helped the transition big time and also for everyone who was patient enough with those deals to get it all done!

But enough talk about what is already past, we're here to talk about the future of the franchise which has already won 2 rings in CSL and is eager for more, though not right now.

The Bulls and the city of Chicago are ready to embrace it's biggest rebuild ever. Tearing down the top-10 core of Lonzo Ball, Brian Bowen, Moritz Wagner and Karl-Anthony Towns into picks and pieces like Jordan McLaughlin, Jontay Porter, DeAndre Hunter and Aaron Holiday, among others, was no easy call, but something I wanted to do since winning the ring with Philly. Going back to my beloved Bulls, it's the perfect timing to do so.

We will start the rebuild with several young assets, the best one being Bilal Coulibaly, a 18 year old wing we have high hopes of becoming a legit two-way threat. He has great potentials as a scorer with solid playmaking and disruptive at passing lanes with his 7'2 wingspan.

Niccolo De Vico and Paul Reed are returning pieces, along with 2nd year guard Payton Pritchard. It's not know whether they will be part of the long term plan, but as valuable pieces still on rookie deals, they are bound to stay unless great offers appears.

One last piece is expected to be joining Chicago in a S&T deal to be the focal point of the rebuild. The plan is to build around this player and maximize his potentials as a star scorer, which hasn't been done yet by his current team. That player name is yet to be revealed but is someone I have great praise for and think is a fantastic talent overall.

The rest of the team so far is made of restricted starting level veterans who will be on the block for possible day-30 deals or players on expiring deals to help create as much cap space as possible for next season. The idea is to be patient and suck for a few seasons, and only be ready to start climbing the CSL rankings once we have our star players in place once again. No matter how long it takes, we are determined to build with patience and stick to the plan.

Being back in Chicago is a dream come true, and like I said the first time and also back in Philly, I'll deliver the city another championship before NBA Bulls do it, if they ever do it again of course.

EDIT: With the S&T deal for Doom finalized, we have the roster that will begin the season in Chicago. Solid balance of youth and players entering their prime. Our goal is not to be a middle of the pack team when starting the rebuild.
Last edited by Marcos_Beck on Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Re: Rebuilding in the Windy City

Post by rh0xxy »

I'm not convince with the way of this rebuild lol i know you're getting a franchise type of a player so you might be possibly fighting for a Playoffs spot still if you ever intend to.

Well anyway, good luck with everything you intend to do, i'm sure you'll be back on top in no time.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I think you're the best trader this league has ever seen and I love to see you back in the swing of things. You have made astute trades and clearly have a long term vision with this Bulls team. I look forward to our future matchups, and good luck in the central division.
Ball is Life.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Wow that was a nice turnaround.

I honestly like the thought of rebuilding around your group of Coulibaly Hunter & Doom moreso than running it back again with Lonzo KAT and Mo Dub!

Good luck!

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

This had to have been a logistical nightmare. Welcome back to the divison lol
Cleveland Cavaliers

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

First off, it’s great to see you back in Chicago. Just feels right.

That said, it’s odd to see you in charge of a… non-contender. I wouldn’t quite call Chicago a rebuilding team just yet (you still have a number of solid vets that will lead to wins), but I know the plan is to become a full rebuilding team the next few years. You’ve already done a nice job restocking some youth, and with your trading ability, I wouldn’t be surprised to see you turn all your vets into more picks/youth by the trade deadline. I’d actually be surprised if you hadn’t haha.

Your most important task will be getting Doum to his full potential (which is immense). If you can get him to have a more reliable shot, you have a franchise player on your hands!

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Yeah from what I hear, probably a few more moves to make and then we'll see how it's all looking.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

GreenBear wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:37 pm First off, it’s great to see you back in Chicago. Just feels right.

That said, it’s odd to see you in charge of a… non-contender. I wouldn’t quite call Chicago a rebuilding team just yet (you still have a number of solid vets that will lead to wins), but I know the plan is to become a full rebuilding team the next few years. You’ve already done a nice job restocking some youth, and with your trading ability, I wouldn’t be surprised to see you turn all your vets into more picks/youth by the trade deadline. I’d actually be surprised if you hadn’t haha.

Your most important task will be getting Doum to his full potential (which is immense). If you can get him to have a more reliable shot, you have a franchise player on your hands!
Absolutely my idea
Always thought of rebuilding around a two-way star and doom seems to be just that if I can fix his shots to a league-average TS%. It’s doable IMO. If that happens I have a true franchise player in my hands. If it doesn’t we’ll just delay the rebuild. Low risk, high reward, as there’s no pressure for him to succeed in short term.
I still have his scouts and he seems to be a very solid player with a nice shot from the corner.

Having a wing combo of Doom and Bilal (which is an non-formal manner of referring to “penis” in Portuguese lol) and how much they’ll mesh and produce will determine if this rebuild will take 3 or 8 seasons lol

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

bt wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:02 pm Yeah from what I hear, probably a few more moves to make and then we'll see how it's all looking.
right now there are no moves done being honest. I’ll just shop all players for youth and picks. Having some great vets here I believe I’ll get something done and add more picks to improve our assets and the rebuilding process.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Can't wait to see what other moves you have in store for day 30, as I expect you to make quite a few moves to trade the veterans for future assets.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

i loved the turnaround and the players and picks you got back ..one of the smartest gms..one question is where will u play doom?

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

I like the teams role players, and Jmac as a lead scorer. If doom can contend for most improved player I predict CHI in the playoffs.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I know how you were looking forward to that team switch and rebuild :-)
That will be a huge fun project ... all the trades alone you got done over the offseason is crazy. Have fun my friend!!!