League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

BI's Spotlight V2 #6 - emplep7

Write updates about your team or the league here.
blackice
Chairman of the Board

BI's Spotlight V2 #6 - emplep7

Post by blackice »

This will be the sixth in a series of articles spotlighting different GM's in the league and picking the brains of the braintrust here in the league. Each one will have customized questions that vary in terms of detail and intention. Some will be directly tied to the GM's team, some will be more directed to the league as a whole - all will relate in some form or fashion to basketball. Each article is worth scouting points for a full Insider article. The sixth interview is with emplep7, so let's kick this off.

This will also be the last spotlight for this season! I hope you have enjoyed this series and I may bring it back in a few seasons.

1. First off, what got you into basketball? Did you play at all?

Growing up in Philly, basketball is a huge sport so I’ve followed it my whole life but AI is what made basketball wild in the city. Once I first watched him play, I became a huge AI fan and just wanted to play and be like him and I’ve been a maniac Sixers fan since. I played in school for a while but being an inner city school the competition got pretty real quick and I realized my career would end in high school but still played through college and after a bit.

2. What one player in the league you would like to build around if you had the opportunity?

I mean Jovic is pretty wild and would be fun, but I still would love to build around a big man like Zion and see what that would be like since I typically have built around guards.

3. Bagley is a guy I have wanted since his days in LA, has he lived up to expectations what would you like to see from him next season?

Bagley is a guy I have wanted since his days in LA, has he lived up to expectations what would you like to see from him next season? I’ve also been after Bagley since he came into the league and he’s been a perfect fit for the team. The transition hampered his offense a bit but I’d bet some of that is on me so while he may not put up a ton on the stat sheet, if you dig into the advanced stats he provides a lot more to the team.

4. Immanuel Quickley, although not efficient is having a monster season for a guy at his age, is he the PG of the future for this young OKC team?

Yeah, I mean he’s our building block for sure. I love his game and think if we can get his efficiency up he will turn into a DeAaron Fox type player for us. We’ve had a ton of trade offers for him this year and intend on keeping him around while we’re here.

5. Could Jonathan Kuminga end up being the best wing rebounders in the CSL given development?

I love Minga and am really excited to see what type of player he turns into. His defense is going to be stellar as he continues to grow and his rebounding is ridiculous which adds to the flexibility he provides. He still needs further development but I see a bright future for him personally which is why I wanted him so bad.

6. What area do you wish to improve on with this team?

Well winning would be a great improvement but clearly efficiency is an issue for us in the backcourt with Quickley and Nunn shooting pretty poorly. Overall, fit is going to be important this offseason as well but it’s been a very disappointing year in general.

7. What position of need do you wish to address with your next available 1st? I’m a BPA guys regardless so while I’d say SG is our weakest position, if there was a good player at PG, SF, or C I wouldn’t hesitate to take them and figure it out later.

I hope you enjoyed this look into an integral player in this league.
Ball is Life.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: BI's Spotlight V2 #6 - emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

Thanks for doing this BI! Always appreciate these!

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Cool spotlight

I didn't know Jon was a cool guy. I would have took his ass to school in ball when I was good.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:49 pm Cool spotlight

I didn't know Jon was a cool guy. I would have take his ass to school in ball when I was good.
I would love to see that matchup.
Ball is Life.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

blackice wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:32 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:49 pm Cool spotlight

I didn't know Jon was a cool guy. I would have take his ass to school in ball when I was good.
I would love to see that matchup.
You saw it right before he switched to the weakstern conference
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson