League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Stop Sleeping On Us!

Write updates about your team or the league here.
hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Stop Sleeping On Us!

Post by hardenwithnod »

What a 2030 season it has been in CSL, as we have teams that are dominating despite not having a human GM. And with the CSL is approaching the all star break, there is a large enough sample now for most teams/players. Today we will take a look at some of these GMless CSL players that have been putting up some crazy numbers this season, and analyze their impressive performances thus far despite without much coaching help.

1. Jaylen Adams, Indiana Pacers

Adams was a well known long time fixture for the Sacramento Kings dynasty. And to everyone's surprise, he was moved to the Indiana Pacers in the 2028 season. Some people questioned if Adams is a legit starter in this league, or is he just a another benefactor from the Kings system? So far Adams has proven he is a legit starter in this league, and he has turned it on even more this season for the Pacers. Despite being last in the Central division, Adams is averaging 7.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 11.4 apg, and 2.3 spg. He's also shooting 56% from the field, and 42% from the 3. His efficiency is off the charts especially for a guard.

Advanced statistics wise Adams currently owns a ridiculous +35.4 NET on/off rating this season, which is absolutely crazy to me. I don't think I have ever seen such a high NET on/off +- rating before. This shows how much of an impact Adams has made when he's on the court. Adams is also leading the league in assist per game, and is one of the steals leaders as well. Adams has never really mentioned as an elite guard, especially since he's getting paid in a max contract. However this season Adams has really turned it on, and is playing at an elite level on both ends of the court. It's unfortunate that they have an inactive GM, as this Pacers team has some serious talent, and Adams is having an amazing season.

2. Robert Williams, Brooklyn Nets

When we talk about the Nets, we usually think of the amazing duo of SGA and Deandre Ayton. However there's a 3rd star in their lineup that has been huge for the them this season, and despite not having a GM they are still rolling in a tough division. Robert Williams has always been known as a strong starting big man that can rebound, protect the rim, and be efficient on offense. However since arriving in Brooklyn, Williams has taken his game to another level. He is currently averaging 17.6 ppg, 10.3 rpg, and 2.6 bpg while shooting at a blistering 57% from the field. Williams has really blossomed as a power forward for the Nets, and has turned into a perfect partner in crime inside the paint with Deandre Ayton.

Williams has also proven to be a strong defensive presence this year as well by only allowing 0.82 points per shot attempt. Williams and Ayton have turned into arguably the best big men duo in the CSL this season, as both guys are absolutely terrorizing the opposite teams with elite 2 way play. Williams is playing up to his max contract extension deal, and he deserves to be recognized for this strong contribution to the division leading Nets this season. I firmly believe he deserves all star votes as well. Williams has elevated his game to a whole other level, and it's time for us to recognize that.

3. Frank Ntilikina, New Orleans Pelicans

Frank N has always been known as an elite 2 way PG back in his Detroit Pistons days. However since his arrival in New Orleans, Frank N seems to have lost some of that star appeal. Especially with the league transitioning into the new engine, Frank N's efficiency on offense has seemingly fallen off the cliff, and some GMs argued that he might be a system of the Pistons rather than a true elite 2 way talent that he was showing early on in his career.

Well guess what? Frank N is tired of hearing about his critics and is putting on a career season despite not having a GM/coach this season. Frank N is currently averaging a career high 27.8 ppg to go along with 5.8 apg, and 3 rpg. He's also averaging 1.8 spg, and is shooting at 46% from the field, 37% from the 3. Frank N is spotting an impressive +14.9 NET on/off rating to go along with his usual elite defense. Frank N has allowed 0.87 points per shot, and a 98% stop drive rate. Frank N is a huge reason why the Pelicans are still in the playoffs race despite not having a GM, and he deserves to be recognized as an elite PG in the CSL once again. Frank N has seemingly found his magic touch on offense once again, and hopefully he can lead this talented Pelicans starting five back into a post-season berth.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Re: Stop Sleeping On Us!

Post by blackice »

Great read, I think the common thread here is all 3 are two way players. Robert Williams is a monster who tends to fly under the radar and the other two guards are underrated as well.
Ball is Life.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Frank N. and Williams are both unrestricted this off season. Should be #1 targets for some teams(Portland ect:) needing talent or fit.

Jaylen is who I offered for last year but Ocons didn't want cap space in GDP. Jaylen is a perfect fit in any offense, with his passing, rebounding, some points, and can shoot the three. Great combination but, unfortunately his defense isn't great, while his stealing is near top tier. That contract also too...
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Good to see these guys getting some love. I've been lowkey impressed my Jalen Adams for a few seasons. It's a shame he's been trapped in Indy. Same with Semi and Kristaps...such a talented starting 5 they got there
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Williams and FrankyN are on my short list for FA for sure. Once in a lifetime that I may have cap :-)

Good job bringing this guys into focus, they really play an outstanding season. Williams also with a real shot t the title this year

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

How much wasted talent does Indiana have? They should be a playoff team for sure..
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:24 pm How much wasted talent does Indiana have? They should be a playoff team for sure..
Free Indy … is ocons Mia again ???

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Stockton12 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:22 am
Marcos_Beck wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:24 pm How much wasted talent does Indiana have? They should be a playoff team for sure..
Free Indy … is ocons Mia again ???
Been. We need fresh faces like Lakers gm for example.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I'm glad that Ntilikina is finding success in New Orleans. He is a star point guard and should be recognized as such. My biggest gripe with what he's producing in NOLA is that, they(the team) had the same/similar record before Ntilikina's addition. So it's not like Ntilikina's newfound personal success is propelling the team to more wins. But you also can't deny that Ntilikina's scoring prowess isn't both winning games and keeping them close in losses as well. It is definitely odd to watch.

I'd love to see Jaylen Adams on a winning team again, he's a consummate point guard. The point guard of all point guards.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Hi.

LOL. You guys realize me being active means the same starting 5 applies or I make trades and type words on the forum. It doesn't translate to strategies, etc. Nothing changes with the lineup by me being active (except guys not playing while injured).

Carry on.
Clown.Show.League